I made some min max testing, and here are the final stats:

Assasin/Monk (Hel) scroll dmg :
https://ibb.co/kTuq4d

Boss type enemy 1 hit:
https://ibb.co/gZU9VJ

All with pure in game items/ stats. Scroll are most devastated damage source. Since the ingredients are quite easy to find at vendor shops, we can get like 20 tornado scroll around lvl 10. 1 hit from stealth, and second cast fast after that (+recovery time from stealth) = fight over for 95% of fight, incuding boss :/

Scrolls (like potions and poisons) are very powerful because they scale with the corresponding skill. This makes them better than "native" abilites. 

It's not right that something that you read from a scroll or gulp down is more potent than your class abilites. That will give you the feeling that it doesn't matter how you build your character as long as you use scrolls or potions.

So either those consumables have to start a lot weaker and catch up with more skill or the skills shouldn't have that much impact in the first place.

• Like 3

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

So someone said PL is an additive bonus to spells, but from OP's screenshot it seems PL is a base multiplier? Otherwise can't explain why Pillar of holy fire can do around 1000 damage.

255.4 Roll has already include scroll base damage and PL bonus right?

Edited by dunehunter

Yes, PL is multiplicative. For duration I'm 100% sure since I tested it with Beckoner's summons - and I'm pretty sure it's also multiplicative when it comes to damage - at least with scrolls and also poisons.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Also you can use Pull of Eora scroll to pull all enemy together before blast. The material can be easily purchased from dark cupboard and the herb shop beside. Cost is 450 gp in total if i remember correctly. Very cheap and super fast cast time.

Edited by dunehunter

I think the decision to put the same spells (which you can have as abilities) on scrolls was bad. It would have been better to come up with some other stuff that's helpful but doesn't directly compete with abilites and lets them look like crap. 

Meteor swarm scroll version make fire/crush damage, and overall it make ~100 % more dmg per meteor (around 2x more than wizzard spell) - it can take down every single enemy in game per 1 cast :/

Spell comparison:
level 20 wizzard 20 arcana skill
Even if we use +10 enchant for mage spell, its still far from scroll, not to mention that we can get + 5 or more to arcana easy
https://ibb.co/mdigUd

Edited by mukurome

Can't agree more with everything Boeroer said. It was already a big problem in POE1 and they have done nothing to address the issue.

It just is incredible that scrolls becomes an easy way for you to cast the spells far more effectively than a real wizard.