{Solo Build} "The Lightning Sphinx" - Massive burst DD Marauder

Sorry poor Ukaizo

Sorry  1TTFFSSE for this discussion in your build topic

> That's easy. It's a known fact ciphers can solo mobs easy due to their charm spell. And as I see already in your video, your pet is not lasting long + you are quite squishy. You will have troubles with single high hp high damage enemies like Guardian of Ukaizo. 

Nope man

> your pet is not lasting long 

I can summon him x12-x15 times. It immune to Engaged, and I used it only to cast cipher spells

> single high hp high damage enemies like Guardian of Ukaizo. 

Do you see my reflexes ? :D They higher than in your build ? 
Do you know how much damage can do disintegration ?   
Do you know something about Pain Link ?
Do you know how much penetration I can achieve with Ectopsychic Echo ?
Do you know how much accuracy I can stack ? 

I can upload video with Guardian of Ukaizo, little bit late. (I can't upload Fampyr fights with Deadly Deadfire, but look on my channel there exist video with PotD solo. on DD they will have +6 to all stats and +30%HP, nothing more). I can do near any fight without charm

I'll be amazed if you post a battle with the Guardian of Ukaizo :)

Make sure you show it is on POTD, show your stats, show the boss's stats. I can't wait to see that video! :D

I do 2 fights, one only with healing potions 

https://youtu.be/g14Lu0DKb0U

Second one with potion of penetration (timing for attributes and hit roll check under the video 4 alchemy, 2 berath and 2 from class)
In this run I only changed ring and helm

https://youtu.be/aKotAIi0OeY

The interesting fact, my Ukaizo has 2 levels more than one from your video, I don't know why :D

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

The most curious thing about this zerker+voulge combo is that action speed buff from voulge's lightning strikes stacks with berserker frenzy. Also static thunder discharge applies distracted on yourself activating streetfighter passive. If you can find a resistance to might afflictions you can safely upgrade your frenzy and apply staggered to the whole encounter on a discharge.

• Like 1

nice video and yes some potions and poisons with high alchemy are op but they are a necessary tool if you play a melee toon. 

Personally, Guardian of U is not really the hardest fight in PotD upscaled at the moment. I will do a run with a melee rogue/zerker but from my deadly deadfire hardcore run with full party the hardest fights were in no particular order but all more difficult:

-Druids of Bentwood bog on Sayuka

-Lucia Rivan and taking her ship

-The Rotten Lady and her friendz

-Animancer spire top at end of VTC quest

-Killing the queen and her company at the end of RDC questline at top of palace in Nekataka

those five come to mind. yeah but they are optional fights I guess but all present more challenging obstacles to deal with than Ukaizo thanks to multiple dangerous enemies you can't split

yeah any level 10 build can take the boss with maxed out alchemy or arcana. they are basically godmode. To other people, it's fair game but to me i consider them cheese. That doesn't mean it isn't fun. Heck, even the solo potd build I posted uses maxed out arcana to take advantage of avenging storm. 

You don't even need a party for the encounters you've posted. They are just all one meteor show/great maelstrom away from dying + withdraw to keep you alive. Or since you are running an alchemy build, Handmortar + stone joint (it's the most op alchemy potion) then use invisibility potion and wham wait for them to die. 

I do know of a build who can solo the last boss + all the encounters you've listed without any cheese though and that's with level scaling mod from Nexus. So far no one has posted anything like it so that's good! Thinking of posting but I'm afraid it might get too popular and you know how Obsidian likes to nerf popular op stuff. 

What is wrong with you people? You downloaded a mod from the Nexus. You obviously know they exist. Abilities in this game are literally text files you can edit with a simple text editor. You could just undo any of the unwanted changes to your build

The most curious thing about this zerker+voulge combo is that action speed buff from voulge's lightning strikes stacks with berserker frenzy. Also static thunder discharge applies distracted on yourself activating streetfighter passive. If you can find a resistance to might afflictions you can safely upgrade your frenzy and apply staggered to the whole encounter on a discharge.

You should say this to the Suicide Bomb builder. He is running a single class berserker right now though. But really awesome idea!

Sorry poor Ukaizo

Sorry  1TTFFSSE for this discussion in your build topic

> That's easy. It's a known fact ciphers can solo mobs easy due to their charm spell. And as I see already in your video, your pet is not lasting long + you are quite squishy. You will have troubles with single high hp high damage enemies like Guardian of Ukaizo. 

Nope man

> your pet is not lasting long 

I can summon him x12-x15 times. It immune to Engaged, and I used it only to cast cipher spells

> single high hp high damage enemies like Guardian of Ukaizo. 

Do you see my reflexes ? :D They higher than in your build ? 

Do you know how much damage can do disintegration ?   

Do you know something about Pain Link ?

Do you know how much penetration I can achieve with Ectopsychic Echo ?

Do you know how much accuracy I can stack ? 

I can upload video with Guardian of Ukaizo, little bit late. (I can't upload Fampyr fights with Deadly Deadfire, but look on my channel there exist video with PotD solo. on DD they will have +6 to all stats and +30%HP, nothing more). I can do near any fight without charm

I'll be amazed if you post a battle with the Guardian of Ukaizo :)

Make sure you show it is on POTD, show your stats, show the boss's stats. I can't wait to see that video! :D

I do 2 fights, one only with healing potions 

https://youtu.be/g14Lu0DKb0U

Second one with potion of penetration (timing for attributes and hit roll check under the video 4 alchemy, 2 berath and 2 from class)

In this run I only changed ring and helm

https://youtu.be/aKotAIi0OeY

The interesting fact, my Ukaizo has 2 levels more than one from your video, I don't know why :D

You have base of 147 + 20 (borrowed instinct) for reflex while I have 162 base + 20 (determination) so I have more reflex. I don't even use a shield yet. Disintegration does a lot but Guardian has high fortitude that is why I see a lot of it miss in your video. That is why yours took 14 minutes to kill the boss and mine 8 minutes. Pain Link is just okay but it does add up to your damage so that's good. Penetration is only good if you can double it twice the enemy's armor (to get overpen which gives you +30% damage) otherwise there is no point. My character has 2 less accuracy than yours. 

Also I am right when I said that your build is very squishy because you drank a lot of potions. Any build can solo the Ukaizo Guardian if they too drink as much potions as you did. 

I'd go the streetfighter route rather than assassin. With Lord Darryn's Voulge combined with carnage you get the flanked affliction after every discharge, even if there is only 1 enemy  so you'll get the 50% less recovery time and 50% damage with weapons if enemy is suffering some affliction. When you get that living on the edge icon, you know it's time to pop a potion. You'll be less squishy because you wont be taking that 25% extra damage as an assassin. You can also swipe that stealth skills and backstab for something more useful like persistant distraction. Escape alone is enough to get you out of any sticky situation.

If you don't feel like killing the Berdattos for the  Deltro Cage helm, you can get the helm of the falcon for the -10 recovery time with 2 handed weapons and %15 percent of ranged hits converting to grazes.  I also like the reckless brigandtine instead of the devil of crocs armor because you'll get 5% more action speed per enemy engaged, which means with one stands alone and persistant distraction and the armor itself, you can use your escape ability right into a group of enemies and  get that %15 extra action speed. You will also gain more damage as you loose health and gain more armor, making you harder to kill, plus it has a 15 armor rating to begin with. It has some synergy with Entonia's ring that gives +3 all defenses when engaged and stacks 5 times. 

For boots, I like boots of the stone because it gives you a resistance to might afflictions and you can properly upgrade your frenzy to spirit frenzy without the negatives. I like the protective eothasian charm for the necklace to get darkest before down , and the killers gloves for the extra 10% crit. damage. The best part is with the helm of the falcon, and the reckless brigandine, you look like Thor!

I ran a streetfigher/beserker with those items and itwas unstoppable.

Updated First post with build info after I completed my run to include adjustments made during the run.

Ukaizo **** speedkill:

Less Cheese please:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUb8tIJBh6k&t=41s

Also Nemnok here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZg-TuuTd3k&t=98s

Good job, I also think that this fight viable with no poisons for melee, because Ukaizo boss specially designed for melee DW characters :D I'm also found Wizard + Street fighter with same setup more viable, because of additional accuracy, dexterity, int buffs, at the end Wizard has pull of Eora + Spirit Lance (Free AOE + Interrupt stunlock everyone for 30Sec), that automatically win most of the fights without invise (that is my idea about 2H weapon).

You also can drop this potion that give you AS and use Scordeo, hit Ukaizo 4 - 5 time give you ~ 40% recovery speed for 30 - 60sec

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

Updated First post with build info after I completed my run to include adjustments made during the run.

Ukaizo **** speedkill:

Less Cheese please:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUb8tIJBh6k&t=41s

Also Nemnok here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZg-TuuTd3k&t=98s

Good job, I also think that this fight viable with no poisons for melee, because Ukaizo boss specially designed for melee DW characters :D I'm also found Wizard + Street fighter with same setup more viable, because of additional accuracy, dexterity, int buffs, at the end Wizard has pull of Eora + Spirit Lance (Free AOE + Interrupt stunlock everyone for 30Sec), that automatically win most of the fights without invise (that is my idea about 2H weapon).

You also can drop this potion that give you AS and use Scordeo, hit Ukaizo 4 - 5 time give you ~ 40% recovery speed for 30 - 60sec

Mantsi, I'm looking forward to that build. It sounds very interesting! I haven't seen any build yet that uses pull of Eora and spirit lance together. Please upload a vid as soon as you can so I can see how awesome that is :D 

check the Hasngo kill, against fights with multiple adds this build was very strong....lightning shock lash from Deltro's Cage Helm usually bulds to  between 20-100% extra shock damage when charged up and Socaretes pet for health/per kill as you kill mobs in an aoe in 1-2 barbaric blows.

Highest single target was 370 from 1 yes 1 not 2 saber attacks on an ability actually after my helm was charged up with +100% lash and I used deathblow from stealth. So actual damage in that hit was like 350+370 or 720 damage with one two ability. two to be exact: shadowing beyond+finishing blow. 

Streetfighter could have been better objectively than an assassin, but I used assassin forflavorr considering I wanted the big hits from stealth. 

I can probably optimize the non-poison kill of Ukaizo guardian, I just went in knowing I would skip extra mobs with shadowing beyond and just play defensively vs Ukaizo. 

check the Hasngo kill, against fights with multiple adds this build was very strong....lightning shock lash from Deltro's Cage Helm usually bulds to  between 20-100% extra shock damage when charged up and Socaretes pet for health/per kill as you kill mobs in an aoe in 1-2 barbaric blows.

Highest single target was 370 from 1 yes 1 not 2 saber attacks on an ability actually after my helm was charged up with +100% lash and I used deathblow from stealth. So actual damage in that hit was like 350+370 or 720 damage with one two ability. two to be exact: shadowing beyond+finishing blow. 

Streetfighter could have been better objectively than an assassin, but I used assassin forflavorr considering I wanted the big hits from stealth. 

I can probably optimize the non-poison kill of Ukaizo guardian, I just went in knowing I would skip extra mobs with shadowing beyond and just play defensively vs Ukaizo. 

Yep, I understand that, but I think Deltro's Cage will be nerf :( as other good items, (I assume they will put beta patch on current week), I also understand that with high enough Damage you can do one-hit kills and you can always run away with invise, you starts hosong fight only with 3 guys, and I really like that playstyle, I also have same character as your

But now I treat invise as very bugged mechanics for solo play, at first it completely break pure POE II AI, by removing aggro from your party, at second they should remove invise if you stay more than 2 seconds >4m away from any enemy, invise should work only when you near someone, but I'm not sure if in game engine exist something like this. Or may be add something like true vision in nwn 

This is bad game mechanic (but funny) , now I looking for some challenge and I tried to avoid Invise Aggro managment, Stack Splitting, Alchemy, Arcana, Armor / Deflection stacking ...etc

But video with Ukaizo is really good example of this build power

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think this build works anymore because of the nerf. I liked a similar one using a battlemage and it was broken by one of the patches.

Atsura, the intelligent Psychopath of my dreams.  I like my elves grumpy and my godlike fishy!

And my Rekke romancable!

• 4 weeks later...

Quick question, I don't see Culture/Background in the OP. Is that just an oversight, or is it more "anything goes?" I know a Deadfire Archipelago/Aristocrat combo gets you the most dialogue options, but I was wondering if this build was using its Culture/Background to boost specific skills...

Quick question, I don't see Culture/Background in the OP. Is that just an oversight, or is it more "anything goes?" I know a Deadfire Archipelago/Aristocrat combo gets you the most dialogue options, but I was wondering if this build was using its Culture/Background to boost specific skills...

On any melee character, I like bonuses to Alchemy and Athletics generally. 

By the way The Daltro's Helmet got nerfed to the ground. The only way it still works is if you use Elementalist's Bracers to shock yourself to proc it but it is generally not worth it unless you make a build around a very high damage ability - like the thunderous report from Kitchen Stove. If you are an assassin for instance and you hit yourself with jolting touch damage from Elementalists's Bracers for say 40 shock damage that applies 40% shock lash to your attacks. Thunderous Report on the Kitchen stove blunderbuss hits for 200+ damage in aoe so you would add like 40% shock lash to that 200. Add bonuses for Assassin etc and you can open with a 400 damage aoe attack. 

That is the way I would do it now in 2.0 if you want to make the most of Daltro's Cage helm. Wizard/ Assassin would be good for that as then the Wizard can jolting touch himself. 

On any melee character, I like bonuses to Alchemy and Athletics generally. 

By the way The Daltro's Helmet got nerfed to the ground. The only way it still works is if you use Elementalist's Bracers to shock yourself to proc it but it is generally not worth it unless you make a build around a very high damage ability - like the thunderous report from Kitchen Stove. If you are an assassin for instance and you hit yourself with jolting touch damage from Elementalists's Bracers for say 40 shock damage that applies 40% shock lash to your attacks. Thunderous Report on the Kitchen stove blunderbuss hits for 200+ damage in aoe so you would add like 40% shock lash to that 200. Add bonuses for Assassin etc and you can open with a 400 damage aoe attack. 

That is the way I would do it now in 2.0 if you want to make the most of Daltro's Cage helm. Wizard/ Assassin would be good for that as then the Wizard can jolting touch himself. 

Curious as to how Lord Darryn's Voulge works for this build post-'nerf' (I say 'nerf' in quotes because, to be honest, that weapon was ridiculously overtuned)?