I suspect that the Monk/Druid is better DPS-wise than the Monk/Priest, especially if you max alchemy. Alchemy affects, currently, the power of some spells, such as Plague of Insects, making them pretty darn powerful.

The Priest part, on the other hand, might be better for buffing oneself than the Monk/Druid. Salvation of Time + Blade Turning should also be pretty funny.

From what I've gleaned, a druid is generally considered a better healer than a priest in Deadfire. 

Priest brings some good buffs, but I suspect you will be okay without one. Clarity of Agony should help make any afflictions go away quickly, making a priest's buffs not necessary for countering afflictions.

MON-DRU certainly has more melee-damager synergies, if that's your primary concern.

That said, I"m playing a Wael contemplative and finding it satisfying.  I play her mostly as a Monk who can cast Mirrored Image, Arcane Veil, Restore, and Suppress Affliction when needed.  Also, if the tactics of a particular battle call for a ranged weapon, summon the Rod from God.  You can translate the DEF buffs into offense via lighter armor and other equipment choices.  I haven't played into the higher levels, yet, though, so she may become more of a caster as time goes by. 

Druid healing will get you bigger numbers, generally, but note that it's healing-over-time, and, in some cases, tied to battlefield location.  If you need a shot NOW, a Priest's Restore or Radiance (or the Survival heal, or a potion) is better.  It's nice (although not essential) to have both represented in the party. 

Edited by Enoch
  • Like 1

yeah since im dishing xoti for this party i'm looking for monk/priest. if not mistaken pre 1.1 arcane veil, llengrath, mirror image they don't stack correct me if i'm wrong. also wael is better for a melee monk compared to eothas?

Llengrath and mirror don't stack with each other I think but did they ever?

I've played Wael/Napalsca but it was before the patch. Needless to say it was very strong ranged with all those lashes.

30%+50%+50% lashes in Rod aoe :p

I don't know how much it would be now after patch I haven't played priest nor monk since. But the boosted deflection from veil and mirror is always nice.

I'm not a fan of priests myself especially in this game where we have inspirations.

A lifegiver/napalsca would be my choice.

Helwalker/Lifegiver is really cool. Helwalker supercharges your heals, which helps mitigate the damage penalty, and you get a bunch of other amazing caster stats. Overall you deal tons of damage with magic and melee, spread stun around the screen constantly and also provide strong healing for the whole party.

Well i play a Monk / Animist at the moment. Until Level 13, he is not very good. But with high Alchemy and Plague of Insects, the game becomes more easy.

But the build is not good at all, because alchemy should not give power levels to plague of insects, it's a bug. Without that, you would not deal enough damage and the monk is not really strong compared to a wizard / chanter build.

Edited by baldurs_gate_2