Gromnir, can you share how you outfitted your ship? You said you used both long guns and double bronzers. I've used either/or but not both on the same ship. Did you mix them on the same side or use one type on each side? How did it work?

long guns one side and double bronzers the other.  could go all double bronzers, but am liking longs to disable sails as early as possible.  still, two salvos from a junk with all double bronzers will sink everything.  

HA! Good Fun!

Ok yeah that is definitely the most efficient strategy. I did that for a while in my veteran playthrough -- row of imperial long guns on each side o fthe junk, jibe blast jibe blast, etc. You're absolutely correct that that's the best return on investment strategy, especially if you're just trying to max out the game as quickly as possible -- as you say, take the Berath's Blessing gold and you can probably do this by level 10 or so, which isn't hard to get to without combat.

Once he finishes that though he'll just be in the same place he was before, except even worse -- even more money and higher level, and what to spend it on? 

Your proposal isn't spending, it's an investment!  :p

Gromnir, can you share how you outfitted your ship? You said you used both long guns and double bronzers. I've used either/or but not both on the same ship. Did you mix them on the same side or use one type on each side? How did it work?

long guns one side and double bronzers the other.  could go all double bronzers, but am liking longs to disable sails as early as possible.  still, two salvos from a junk with all double bronzers will sink everything.  

HA! Good Fun!

Your proposal isn't spending, it's an investment!  :p

is why we specific responded to the query o' how best to spend money.  facing a brewster's millions quandary were not what we were addressing.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)