Overstocked some supplies. Where are is my overstock held at?

So I noticed that the ships have maximums it can hold of each supplies, but I have simply been buying 200 of each supply so I wouldn't have to manually change the number believing I wouldn't get charged for overstocking the ship. So I tested it out with full stock and the merchant will still take my money....

Why is this allowed? This is ridiculous. 

Please correct me if I am wrong. I am only about 4 hours into the game so the supplies might be held somewhere I don't know. Other than that its really frustrating me. Makes me want to quit. 

• Like 1

He's talking about medical/repair supplies and cannonballs. As far as I know, they don't got in your personal stash at all.

True, but they wouldn't "disappear" if that was the case? Well, I indeed assumed that OP was talking about food and water.

Edited by wih

Yeah as far I can figure with ammunition, repair and medicine, you need to be accurate with your order, the supplies don't go into the inventory, so you will lose what you don't need. Probably is a bug, but it isn't that serious tbh, all you have to do is type in the correct number and hit enter.

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Probably not a bug at all as we're supposed to manage these and the stacks get larger when you get a bigger ship. 

Is it really that hard to come to terms with this? 

They are basically the only resource we have to manage (food and drinks only gives buffs and not giving any to your crew is more entertaining than it is punishing). 

Probably not a bug at all as we're supposed to manage these and the stacks get larger when you get a bigger ship. 

They are basically the only resource we have to manage (food and drinks only gives buffs and not giving any to your crew is more entertaining than it is punishing). 

Wait a minute. You are saying that it is indeed possible to overstock medical supplies and simply lose money as a result? Didn't know that. If this is so, this needs to be fixed regardless of whether it is a bug. To cause such frustration isn't a good idea.

Edited by wih
  • Like 2

Yes, while food and drink goes into your inventory, ammo, medicine and repair don't. Hence if you have, say180/200 ammo, and you order 200 you will have payed for considerably more ammo than you need and you will essentially lose the extra ammo as it is not stored in your inventory. So just order the correct amount roughy and you'll be fine...

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Wait a minute. You are saying that it is indeed possible to overstock medical supplies and simply lose money as a result? Didn't know that. If this is so, this needs to be fixed regardless of whether it is a bug. To cause such frustration isn't a good idea.

Yes you can overstock (or in other words throw money in the sea) and it makes sense considering there is a limit that depends on your ship.

All that is required is simply paying a little attention to the resources that are already in your hold and adjust your purchases accordingly.

My advice don't stack to the limit (it's almost impossible to run out of resources anyway) because you will be able to pick some supplies on the map.  

Yes you can overstock (or in other words throw money in the sea) and it makes sense considering there is a limit that depends on your ship.

All that is required is simply paying a little attention to the resources that are already in your hold and adjust your purchases accordingly.

My advice don't stack to the limit (it's almost impossible to run out of resources anyway) because you will be able to pick some supplies on the map.  

Yes, it is not a big problem. I just worry about the new players. This can cause confusion and even if it is a small thing, it is better if the UI just prevents you from selecting a larger amount than what you have room for.

• Like 2

When you have a stash that can hold infinite items, players will assume that it can hold infinite canonballs. Easy fix would be to just prevent players from purchasing beyond the cap - it doesn't interfere with the goal of requiring resource management and it saves a headache for that one player who decides to buy 20k cannonballs at once thinking it will save him time. 

• 2 weeks later...

+1

Also dissallowing picking up goods if you have maxed it (so many repair parts lost...).

It worked with resting materials in PoE/Tyranny.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee