Gomisan

Port Deadlight - Game Crash (Game loop running in background?)

Question

I'm experiencing a game stopping crash in Fort Deadlight.

I've just had a drinking contest, won it, and a guard comes down the stairs. I take the opportunity to go up the stairs, and the game crashes.

The odd thing is that although I the screen locks up and stops redrawing the audio continues in the background. So i hear the interactions playing out as if I'm still playing. The guard comes back up the stairs, tells me I'm not meant to be up there etc etc.

If I alt-tab out and try to return to the game screen it never redraws, I have to ctrl-alt-del to end the task.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6gqry2xgri97a9c/20180518_POE2_Crashe.zip?dl=0

I've included dxdiag, save 'just' before the crash and the output log in the ZIP file linked above.

Most of the output log is the following error repeated:

d3d11: failed to create staging 2D texture w=157 h=192 d3dfmt=65 [887a0005]

7 answers to this question

Hi, Gomisan. I'm sorry you're experiencing this issue. We're getting this issue to our programming team and will have them take a look at it. Thank you for attaching those files, they really help and thank you for  your patience while we work to resolve this.

• Like 2

--Doug.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll hold on tight and perhaps try and go do some different quests before coming back to Deadlight :)

Hey guys,

I just wanted to add that I am also experiencing this same issue in Fort Deadlight. I have not done the drinking contest.. and therefore have not walked up the steps on the left towards the forge, however I have been experiencing the crash just by moving the camera with the mouse and or WASD keys up towards the forge.

I thought I'd go and test if it's happening specifically over the forge or just the northern area of Deadlight in general.. so I moved my camera around the entire fort with no problems, and just when I got it over the forge the crash happened again, seemingly pointing towards the forge area as the potential problem. On this last occurrence (probably the 4th crash) after a moment my computer even gave me a BSOD mentioning my display driver.

My output log also had a similar bit of information repeating at the end, namely:

d3d11: failed to create staging 2D texture w=64 h=64 d3dfmt=2 [887a0005]
d3d11: failed to create buffer (target 0x1 mode 0 size 131072) [0x887A0005]

I've also uploaded the proper files for debugging: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6kokixr2sxjxazi/AAAUyCrAbQoxt522q-MhKStAa?dl=0

Please let me know if you need any further information on my experience. Thanks for all you do :)

Hello again chaps,

In case Gomisan or anyone else that was having this problem is still watching this thread... I wanted to happily report that yesterday, after installing the newly released 1.1 patch, I infiltrated Deadlight without encountering any issues near the forge :D. While this was just my personal save/PC setup I can vouch for I might dare assume that the issue could well be fixed for all. 

Happy sailing mates! And thanks again QA/Programming-Team/Obsidian  :dancing:

Cheers,

iten-kun

I would also love to know, Ive been playing fine until recently. I got this bug today walking up to the forge. After i Close the game and reboot it Fort Deadlight is unbearably laggy.