Sharing a screen on multiplayer?

Hi everyone, I'm eager to buy the game but there's really one thing that's stopping me atm, that being in the title of the thread, I've seen some vids on youtube showing some multiplayer but I don't know if that was local co-op or online co-op, the only other DS I played was simply DS1 and I loved that game like crazy and I'm hoping the set up will be the same as DS1, that being when you're online, you have your own screen so you don't have to share with everyone else as I simply think that totally ruins the experience for me, thanks for any replys.

Hi everyone, I'm eager to buy the game but there's really one thing that's stopping me atm, that being in the title of the thread, I've seen some vids on youtube showing some multiplayer but I don't know if that was local co-op or online co-op, the only other DS I played was simply DS1 and I loved that game like crazy and I'm hoping the set up will be the same as DS1, that being when you're online, you have your own screen so you don't have to share with everyone else as I simply think that totally ruins the experience for me, thanks for any replys.

From what I've read, in online multiplayer you get your own screen. However, if you wander too far from your team mates, you will be teleported back to them.

Hope this helps. =)

From what I've read, in online multiplayer you get your own screen. However, if you wander too far from your team mates, you will be teleported back to them.

Hope this helps. =)

No you don't the screen is shared.

Hope this helps. =)

No you don't the screen is shared.

Seriously?... Ew...

I don't understand this design choice. =P

Edited by hopfrog16

I can confirm that :lol:

When you play online coop, it just looks the same, as you are playing with two controllers on one PC:

One screen (no split screen) but the players can't walk far from each other because then the display ends and the camera is not zooming out.

I also wrote this here and I hope the developers are fixing it soon.

Dang, I really do hope they manage to patch this into the game, it's what I loved about dungeon siege 1 as well, being able to pretty much do your own thing as well whilst the other guys in your party would be out doing the game at points and you could even set a teleport spell to get your team mate that was in the main town to your location quickly, I suppose 2 people sharing a screen would be...decent, just 4 players and it would be like when I was playing Cod black ops and your doing dead ops arcade with 4 people, it made it so much more stupidly harder and frustrating then it should of been, like dying because you coulden't move out of the screen area or getting killed from behind where an enemy is, yet we couldn't see it due to the horrible camera.

I do hope this gets taken into consideration, I dare say this may even effect there sales on the game if other people discover about this, good luck to the devs!

I'm more concerned about the reports that your online character will only save to the person who hosts the game, thus meaning that if you wish to continue that character, you have to find the same host to continue it. I've not tried it yet becuase multiplayer was broken at finding games, which was fixed just before I logged out for the night. If this is the case, then for me, this is a more concerning design flaw than the camera issue.