Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Free Epic and Legendary Card DLC for Limited Time on Steam

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Mibit911

Mibit911

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts

So i cannot download the dlc, also i bought the obsidian edition and did not receive the promo pillars of eternity cards or and of the legendary cars promised through dlc, i did though receive all my dice and i merged from my phone account but the rest of the stuff through ambassador, dlc and all of the obsidian upgrade stuff not including what i already owned which was every adventure deck.   also i did not receive the new rise of goblins deck whatever that is

Hannibal_PJV

Hannibal_PJV

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1875 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Rice of Goblin is not ready yet. Those others contact support@obsidian.net with your User ID (username #xxxx)
  • SystemShaper likes this

Pediatron

Pediatron

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 160 posts

So is it safe for an Ambassador-eligible person to buy the basic steam version now along with the free DLC - or should we wait for the ambassador code? I don't want my purchase to be messed up because I was impatient to play on PC, but if there is no difference in waiting, I could get it today. Thanks!

Yewstance

Yewstance

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 48 posts

So is it safe for an Ambassador-eligible person to buy the basic steam version now along with the free DLC - or should we wait for the ambassador code? I don't want my purchase to be messed up because I was impatient to play on PC, but if there is no difference in waiting, I could get it today. Thanks!

I'd like to know this answer too, I'm sort of confused.

A dev has explicitly stated that the ambassador and Steam Sale bonuses will stack, but I have a very low expectation - based on the communication so far - that the ambassador program will be working whilst the steam version is still on sale. Or that the Free DLC (which has been stated to be temporary) is still free. I'm HOPING that's not the case - because it sounds like really shady practice to offer a 'better deal' that's actually a worse deal when you consider that the initial deal will have passed its date by the time it comes along - but the numbers on Steam, the implications given, and Dev statements on the forums don't seem to be matching up closely.

Raist1in

Raist1in

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 21 posts
Brandon from the Developers team mentioned somewhere in this thread that they'll make sure 10% "coupon thing" works before the Steam Sale expires, so you should be somewhat happy with both -10% and -25% discounts. At least this has been confirmed.
Still, I'm not sure whether the "Free DLC" gift is available by that time.

Edited by Raist1in, 16 June 2017 - 07:32 PM.

Hannibal_PJV

Hannibal_PJV

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1875 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
I personally am in a orienteering and hiking trip during this event so I can not get the 25% price drop, but I Expect that ambassador program can be used Also later if needed. You others have an option to wait untill that 22th and deside then.

w19913s

w19913s

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Steam:w19913s

I can't seem to access the download button on Steam to get to the free cards.  Is it not actually enabled yet?

It is available for download as far as I can see. Are you not able to download it from here?

no i am not.  i go to the link in my steam, and it looks like it will let me click when i scroll over, but after clicking, it does nothing at all. 

SystemShaper

SystemShaper

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 12 posts

I can't seem to access the download button on Steam to get to the free cards.  Is it not actually enabled yet?

It is available for download as far as I can see. Are you not able to download it from here?

no i am not.  i go to the link in my steam, and it looks like it will let me click when i scroll over, but after clicking, it does nothing at all. 

Silly question, but are you sure it didn't already download? I had it doing the same thing for me, but then when I looked at the game in my library, the DLC was already there and installed.

...that being said, it's not actually WORKING for me, in that it's not unlocking the epic/legendary cards. But I've already reached out to support on that separately.

• w19913s likes this

w19913s

w19913s

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 13 posts

Silly question, but are you sure it didn't already download? I had it doing the same thing for me, but then when I looked at the game in my library, the DLC was already there and installed.

...that being said, it's not actually WORKING for me, in that it's not unlocking the epic/legendary cards. But I've already reached out to support on that separately.

no i just went to check. :(

MrBishop

MrBishop

Programmer

• Developers
  • 59 posts

Hi w19913s, is this still an issue for you?

• w19913s likes this

ArchSenex

ArchSenex

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
So it looks like the steam version uses a static DLC format, instead of the godawful gacha-style booster packs that completely turned me off of the mobile version. Will this be the standard release format for the pc version? Pay for content in a static format without random luck required to get a complete set?

w19913s

w19913s

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 13 posts

Hi w19913s, is this still an issue for you?

Hey MrBishop, yes this is still an issue.  There is some general lag within steam (remember i am in a remote location in Honduras) but still able to click around fairy well enough within steam that i wouldnt think this link should be an issue at all.  I havnt purchased the base yet, would this not allow me to access the free add-on?  It is the only thing i can think of.  Thanks for the help.

w19913s

w19913s

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 13 posts

Hey i am working towards the steam purchase and the free dlc.  As stated before, mrbishiop, i am not able to click on the download link for the free dlc (do i need the base set).  Also though, i am working towards linking my playfab account and the only thing i see are the numbers next to the ver- .........there is nothing but space next to the pfid..........  I know that i have an update to get for the ios but it has been to slow of a connection for me to get the download. I feel like i should still see the pfid though.  Thoughts?

Hannibal_PJV

Hannibal_PJV

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1875 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Hey i am working towards the steam purchase and the free dlc.  As stated before, mrbishiop, i am not able to click on the download link for the free dlc (do i need the base set).  Also though, i am working towards linking my playfab account and the only thing i see are the numbers next to the ver- .........there is nothing but space next to the pfid..........  I know that i have an update to get for the ios but it has been to slow of a connection for me to get the download. I feel like i should still see the pfid though.  Thoughts?

If you mean PC version, yeas you need to buy the base game first.

qwert_44643

qwert_44643

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 112 posts

im getting this the 3rd i want the obsidian edition and i got my 10% key so is this the correct procedure

enter the key in steam and the buy game or is there another way...ive never had a coupon key...by the way this 10% coupon is what more or less shoved my final decision to actually to buy the game..it was iffy but noy now buw would like to now how to do this....

Hannibal_PJV

Hannibal_PJV

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1875 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Yep, enter the code to Steam and you get 10% ticket.

qwert_44643

qwert_44643

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 112 posts

if you have never played pathfinders at all......is all you get is the 10% off key......im trying to decide my best purchase the basic or obsidian edition.

Edited by qwert_44643, Yesterday, 06:36 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)