Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Taking it to the hole. Hoops 2K17 Thread.

Basketball

• Please log in to reply
214 replies to this topic

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 16947 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Funny thing is is that GS ended up with more free throws attempoted than the Cavs by end of the game. The refs seemed lost. But, that game was won on Cavs' 3 pointers just like they lost Game 3 because of crappy 3 point shooting. hell, just look at the difference of Love and Kyrie  from G3 to G4 three pointers. That was the difference.

But, korver again, is such an overrated garbage punk.

Leferd

Leferd

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2841 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

It's weird to hear that coming from Kobe

Good point!

The thing is though, Kobe had his best success playing in the Triangle. Lot of the action and sets that Kerr incorporated with the Warriors takes lots of elements from the Triangle. Lots of split actions and read and react body and ball movement based on what the defense gives you.

Leferd

Leferd

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2841 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

74-8 and 16-0 still in play for next year.

Funny thing is is that GS ended up with more free throws attempoted than the Cavs by end of the game. The refs seemed lost. But, that game was won on Cavs' 3 pointers just like they lost Game 3 because of crappy 3 point shooting. hell, just look at the difference of Love and Kyrie  from G3 to G4 three pointers. That was the difference.

But, korver again, is such an overrated garbage punk.

The Cavs won because they had an extraordinary game. Dropped 86 in the first half and 24 treys in the game against the league's top defense and best three point defense. Baseline Cavs versus baseline Warriors is no contest.

Game of Zones season finale.

ShadySands

ShadySands

The Guy on the Couch of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2294 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Called it
  • Hurlshot likes this

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 16947 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

for this series, Warriors are just too strong. Cavs needed a better showing in first two games and if they hand't thrown G3 away we'd have a great series.

Grats Mr. Stacked Team!

Give credit to Durant he earned Finals MVP. james was overall just as good and is a better alla round player and captain but man when Durant is on fire shootinf whata teast.

How 'bout JR Smith? Mr. 3.

The best team won. The best player lost.

Leferd

Leferd

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2841 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Yeah, Golden State is stacked. They drafted Curry at #7, Klay at #11, and Draymond in the second round. They made shrewd trades to offload salary in order to sign Andre Iguodala to be a defensive wing stopper with little pressure to score.

They hired Steve Kerr to implement a team-first offense based on ball and player movement that complemented the team first locker room led by Steph Curry. Which all ultimately appealed to Kevin Durant.

That's how you create a stacked team. Draft well, create a team oriented culture, make smart player decisions, and hire a coach with vision.
  • Hurlshot and Keyrock like this

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 16947 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

I never claimed otherwise. Why so defensive on their behalf?

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 8449 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Kickstarter Backer

I'm pretty sure the point of professional sports is to stack your team and win. It's weird how many people are complaining about GSW being some sort of super team. 

• Keyrock likes this

Keyrock

Keyrock

Obsidian Order Rodent Tamer

• Members
  • 6589 posts
  • Steam:Keyrock
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer

The scuttlebutt is that the Celtics are going to trade the #1 overall pick to the Sixers in exchange for the Sixers' #3 pick and either the Sixers' 2018 first round pick (which the Lakers owe the Sixers and which is #2-5 protected), or if that fails, the Sixers' 2019 first round pick (via Kings).  Danny Ainge gonna Danny Ainge.

So, I guess the Sixers are going to take Markelle Fultz and the Celtics will take Josh Jackson.  In a lot of ways, Josh Jackson is a better fit for the Celtics' needs, so this move makes a ton of sense for them, but I'm kind of disappointed I won't get to see the Thomas/Fultz guard combo of death.

Leferd

Leferd

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2841 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

The scuttlebutt is that the Celtics are going to trade the #1 overall pick to the Sixers in exchange for the Sixers' #3 pick and either the Sixers' 2018 first round pick (which the Lakers owe the Sixers and which is #2-5 protected), or if that fails, the Sixers' 2019 first round pick (via Kings).  Danny Ainge gonna Danny Ainge.

So, I guess the Sixers are going to take Markelle Fultz and the Celtics will take Josh Jackson.  In a lot of ways, Josh Jackson is a better fit for the Celtics' needs, so this move makes a ton of sense for them, but I'm kind of disappointed I won't get to see the Thomas/Fultz guard combo of death.

Does the phrase, "Trust the Process" still apply?

Keyrock

Keyrock

• Members
  • 6589 posts

Does the phrase, "Trust the Process" still apply?

Yes.  I mean, I think this move is a win for Boston.  They get Josh Jackson, a perfect complement to the Isaiah-led Celtics, and another valuable asset (a 2018 or 2019 1st round pick).  Danny Ainge likes to stockpile assets and it's clearly working given the Celts turnaround from just a few years ago.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 552 posts

SI had a pretty good interview with James Harden a few months ago. I just saw it today. He's always struck me as a pretty down to earth guy. He didn't go looking for fame and has never been comfortable with it.

https://www.si.com/n...ts-mike-dantoni

He did mention his relationship with one of the Kardashians in it and why they broke up. I think it's because he didn't want to end up dead, ruined, broke or female.

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 16947 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Some fun stuff.  The stupid CLE owner did something stupid letting the GM go.

That overrated George and  that overrated Butler are on the trade market.

Durant resigns for a little less than the max but GS might need up losing Iggy anyways.

Leferd

Leferd

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2841 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
And Phil Jackson is actively shopping Porzingis.

Of course, I'd take KP over any draft pick, period.

Keyrock

Keyrock

• Members
  • 6589 posts

I can't believe Malik Monk fell all the way to #11, what a steal for the Hornets.  His best case scenario is not quite Steph Curry, but man he's one hell of a shooter.  Definitely the best scorer in the draft.

Edited by Keyrock, Yesterday, 04:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users