Hey,

i have a really hard time getting rid of the Alphine Dragon. I read several forums strategies bot they only work partly. My strategie is to go with everyone on the right corner. Here im really fast done with the icemob. 

Eder on the the left side has is buffed with health potions and Defensives to keep the dragon busy. 

After the icemob i go down the Entrance and to cast with the mage and Priest Eye of Adragan,Scroll of Stunning etc. to lower his Reflex. But its only on for like 5 sec.. So there is no way i can attack with direct dps. 

Any clues?

Does your priest get Prayer Against Fear (the terrified effect from dragons murders your accuracy) + Crowns for the Faithful + Devotion for the Faithful up? It sounds like you manage to stay alive and in combat so as long as you are your priest should just buff and buff and buff. If you can hit the dragon too when you cast Devotion for the Faithful and destroy his accuracy while buffing your own that's even better.

Edited by limaxophobiacq

What level are you?

A well-built DPS character can brute-force the dragon at level 14.

Do you have the Scale Breaker ability?

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Killed that stupid thing on potd at lvl 11 (Wm high level) by casting pain links on my tank and off tank barb / using potions of flame shield. They kept dying of course maybe 2-3 times each in the battle because the dragon has insane stats and 2 shots things but I kept resing them up again and reapplying pain block and link. Meanwhile Rogue kept pew pew up from distance and deep wounds always up on the dragon. Eventually it went down.

I once tried two tanky rogues with Retaliation and Deep Wounds (=autohit and guaranteed raw damage) supported by a chanter, paladin and priest to raise their DR and defenses enough and revive them if they got down. Rogues can get pretty good reflex. It worked but was a bit of a mess.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Just had an intense battle with the Alpine. Hard, Level 15. I've been using a party of five ever since BG2. Having six feels way too much.

PC Orlan blunderbuss Cipher

Zahua - DPS Tank

Kana - Tank

Devil

Aloth

Zahua distracts the dragon, the main party starts on the right and deals with the blights and spectres. I kept summoning everything I could. The iridescent beetle, wood beetles, shades, Aloth's substantial phantom twice. Kana summoned ogres thrice during this war of attrition. By the time the minions were dead, the dragon had lost only one blip from his health.

Zahua is still tanking. Devil has been firing with lead spitter, Kana with Aedrin's Wrecker arbalest.  I run out of healing scrolls and I can't keep Zahua alive. Kana managed to summon ogres twice before the dragon could engage my weaker characters. After that, it's Kana's turn to melee the dragon. He succumbs to his injuries in short order.

I haven't been doing any damage to the dragon. My PC cipher has been firing Mica's Roar the whole time - doing only negligible damage. Aloth has been throwing the kitchen sink at the beast, with no success. Aloth then revived Kana and Zahua in a desperate last gasp effort to maintain the front line. The dragon does a breath attack and both of them go back down immediately.

Now I had no choice but send Devil to duke it out with the dragon. Her first attack, she does 65 damage! She decimates the rime dragon single-handedly. I wanted to keep her alive so I had her doing ranged attacks, but without her efforts there was no way I was going to prevail. She's wielding Purgatory sabre and Blesca's Labour club.

Hey (you astounding bunch of gamers)

Give Whiteleaf (grants immunity to fear, and terrified) a whirl. One puff and you will be hooked. It has replaced scrolls of fear for me in my quick item slots. 

Also, don't forget that Dragons fall into the Beast category. Survival can be the deference you need to 'hit' instead of 'graze' with those debuffs for the full duration.  

I got your backs

-Sking

• Like 1