Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Update #96: The Road to Eternity

documentary reward carrie patel andrew rowe

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Depili

Depili

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

The documentary was really awesome and well put together. Seems to capture the whole roller-coaster ride perfectly.

• Cluas likes this

Insolentius

Insolentius

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 294 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Our next update will come when we release our next patch in a couple of weeks. 

Does this mean we're gonna have to wait a few weeks for the beta or the official 1.06 release?

Darkwind555

Darkwind555

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Will there be subtitle for the documentary? I guess I am not the only person with hearing impairment... :)

• Marky likes this

Skipperro

Skipperro

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

One of the best movie I've ever seen. :yes:

FlorianGh

FlorianGh

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Steam:Florian Gheorghe

only for champion edition and above or bakers? Not for standard? 

BAdler

BAdler

Lead Designer

• Developers+
  • -9930 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer

We are shipping out game DVDs to tiers that get physical disc rewards very shorty. To ensure that your DVD will go to the correct location, please make sure your address is updated on our site. Next Tuesday, May 26th is the final cutoff to make sure that you have your address entered correctly.

By "very shortly" do you ACTUALLY mean very shortly, or the same lie you've been telling for over two months now where you claim they'll be going out "shortly" and then week after week goes by with no word on shipping, until the next lie about "Okay we're shipping them soon" happens?

As far as I know the discs are printed and we are just waiting on final address confirmations before they ship out.

BAdler

BAdler

Lead Designer

• Developers+
  • -9930 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Edit-found my answer. Those books are going on my wish list on Amazon.

I wonder if obsidian has any plans for writing novels based on the game world of pillars of eternity by chance in the future?

Anything is possible. I am currently talking things over with folks about ways to expand the brand. One of the ideas that came up involved lots of short stories about PoE.
Hi Brandon,have you received the email about the asian translation problem in 1.05 patch,which Chris metioned of it with you? :)

I have. We are going to investigate, but Traditional Chinese is not an officially supported language. This means I have other things prioritized ahead of it for now.

Once we get some additional time we will look to the problems that people seeing with truncated lines, though.

BAdler

BAdler

Lead Designer

• Developers+
  • -9930 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Will there be subtitle for the documentary? I guess I am not the only person with hearing impairment... :)

Currently no, but we are going to look into how much it would cost to get it subtitled.

• Suen, Cluas, Marky and 1 other like this

BAdler

BAdler

Lead Designer

• Developers+
  • -9930 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

only for champion edition and above or bakers? Not for standard? 

Should be for all backers with Hero edition or above.

tarasis

tarasis

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:duemoko
  • Steam:tarasis
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Just to repeat what I said on the KS Update:

Just finished the documentary. I really enjoyed it, it was great to see some of your processes and thoughts throughout. I wish it was maybe 30-45 minutes longer, taking a look at more of the issues you had nearing release / after release. Maybe a bit of a post mortem of the game following its release, what _you_ felt was good & bad.
Regardless I think it was worth the wait, and 85 minutes well spent.

• Bryy and JFSOCC like this

BAdler

BAdler

Lead Designer

• Developers+
  • -9930 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Just finished the documentary. I really enjoyed it, it was great to see some of your processes and thoughts throughout. I wish it was maybe 30-45 minutes longer, taking a look at more of the issues you had nearing release / after release. Maybe a bit of a post mortem of the game following its release, what _you_ felt was good & bad.

Unfortunately, the documentary was already running a bit long. There was so much to try to get across in a short amount of time. Maybe some day we can do an extended cut with additional footage. That would be cool.

• tarasis, Suen, Bryy and 4 others like this

tarasis

tarasis

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:duemoko
  • Steam:tarasis
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Unfortunately, the documentary was already running a bit long. There was so much to try to get across in a short amount of time. Maybe some day we can do an extended cut with additional footage. That would be cool.

Thanks for the answer, I can well imagine that there was a lot of footage to cull through and pull together for a narrative. My fingers are crossed that you'll return to it one day, maybe as work begins / through the work on the expansion. (Looking at the expansion you'se had committed to during the KS, how you define what the story for it will be, what you decide you can do for it over the proposed sequel and so on)

ImRhoven

ImRhoven

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer

That was a great documentary. Besides it obviously being fun to get an inside glimpse of the working of the studio I found the editing and use of music make at very enjoyable viewing experience.

Sylph_14

Sylph_14

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I never imagined that video game release parties were that sexy XD

Blitz

Blitz

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 5 posts

This was the best video game documentary I've ever seen, not because it's so rare to see one, but it told a story. A story of a great company, a great team, how they went from disaster to triumph. The story was full of hero's and I even teared up once, it's great to see a company that you believe in and love their products being able to keep doing what they do. It also added the human element and a rare look behind the scenes of how the games we love are created, which isn't magic. Most importantly, it put faces on the people who helped make the parts of the game we love so much, the heroes.

Cheers to the hero's,

David

• Cluas likes this

BIOCHEM1STRY

BIOCHEM1STRY

Grand Master of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Steam:BIOCHEM1STRY
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Great documentary i really enjoyed it! Now it's time for DLC and expansions... Damm i can't wait for the story to continue.

Any chance the Paradox webshop will be updated with some cool new PoE merchandise / art / figurines?

advion

advion

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts

I really enjoyed watching that and it shows how passionate and dedicated you are to your craft.

Evange

Evange

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 187 posts

I pre-ordered PoE. Do I get the documentary too? Steam downloaded the documentary update for me but I couldn't find it in the game folder.

samm

samm

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1166 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Nicely done, except for the "hard" transition between scenes - if you'll revisit the documentary, maybe add a fade effect? Or at least play some sounds of the following scene at the end of the previous scene to make the transition seem softer?

As a software developer in comparatively smaller projects (we do not have an audience in the hundred thousands or even millions o_O ) I was somewhat shocked about the raw number of bugs that Tim Cain had on his fix list - and impressed by how fast he got that number down. Currently considering an offer for him to join our team to squash bugs ;)

[edit]

@Evange: What edition did you pre-order? I think the documentary is not part of all editions.

Edited by samm, 24 May 2015 - 09:23 AM.

Evange

Evange

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 187 posts

Nicely done, except for the "hard" transition between scenes - if you'll revisit the documentary, maybe add a fade effect? Or at least play some sounds of the following scene at the end of the previous scene to make the transition seem softer?

As a software developer in comparatively smaller projects (we do not have an audience in the hundred thousands or even millions o_O ) I was somewhat shocked about the raw number of bugs that Tim Cain had on his fix list - and impressed by how fast he got that number down. Currently considering an offer for him to join our team to squash bugs ;)

[edit]

@Evange: What edition did you pre-order? I think the documentary is not part of all editions.

I preordered the Hero Edition...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: documentary, reward, carrie patel, andrew rowe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users