Regarding Pre-Order

Seriously, where is the point of pre-ordering a game which get released eventually next spring for no benefits but a few bucks discount? When I purchased Wasteland 2 and Divinity OS while they didn't have a set release date I got immediately access to the already available content in return. Early Access has become standard for crowdfunded indie RPG's nowadays.

If Obsidian adds beta access to PoE I might consider to pre-order it but without incentives there is no reason for me to spend money months in advance.

If Obsidian adds beta access to PoE I might consider to pre-order it but without incentives there is no reason for me to spend money months in advance.

Some people consider it worth it. If you were the only one they had to consider the desires of, I think the game would be in a lot of trouble already, :).

Really, though, if you don't need that money at the time, then you get to save a bit. It's not like you pay more later on, when you get the game. Once you've pre-ordered (pre-"purchased," I guess, technically), you're done.

Honestly, if I could buy everything a month before I needed it, for a discount, I'd totally do it. Then, when a year down the road, I'd saved $500 on things I was gonna buy anyway, I'd be content with that. I don't think everyone should just feel the same way, because I realize not everyone can easily go without a game's worth of money for several months.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

So wait... your complaint is you don't think getting a discount price is a valid incentive to pre order?  Well if money means nothing to you why don't you loan me a 5 spot while you are at it?  Seriously, the Backer Beta isn't even a very good inventive trust me.  It isn't that it totally sucks (it doesn't) it just isn't a big piece of the game.  The Wasteland 2 and Divinity Beta's let you play a good chunk of the game, Eternity it is just the vertical slice area, can be completed in 4-5 hours easily, and has all plot relevant stuff ripped out.  You seriously aren't missing anything big.

Meanwhile your complaint isn't legit to begin with.  Coming from a guy who has to work for his money, yes, getting a discount price is plenty good enough pre order incentive by itself.

• Like 1

Seriously, where is the point of pre-ordering a game which get released eventually next spring for no benefits but a few bucks discount? When I purchased Wasteland 2 and Divinity OS while they didn't have a set release date I got immediately access to the already available content in return. Early Access has become standard for crowdfunded indie RPG's nowadays.

Welcome to pre-orders. The game is currently in closed beta for kickstarter backers and if Obsidian wants to open it up for early access backers, they will. Kickstarters didn't need immediate incentives to back the project. So be nice and wait.

Just think of spending your money as a way of donating to a good cause with the added benefit of enjoying the game on it's release date.  It's more part of the bigger picture I think, to vote with our money to show what we really want in video games.

There's not enough angry forum posts in the world that will change the other companies' minds on what happens.  Sales dictate their developments.