Gates Foundation donates $10 billion for vaccines

Purkake

DAVOS, Switzerland - Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates and his wife, Melinda, say their foundation will donate $10 billion over the next decade to research new vaccines and bring them to the world's poorest countries.

Bill Gates said in a statement that "we must make this the decade of vaccines."

Speaking Friday on the sidelines of the World Economic Forum, Gates added that "innovation will make it possible to save more children than ever before."

source

Oh, the anti-vaxxers aren't going to be happy about this!

This is probably one of the single biggest charity donations towards a single cause ever. And I like how tangible it is.

If the anti-vaxxers can make even bigger fools out of themselves with this, I'll be happy.

It is the single biggest donation towards a single cause ever.

The foundation directs most of its attention to global health, education and agriculture in the third world and has committed more than $21 billion since it was established in 1994.

The $10 billion commitment is the largest pledge ever made by a charitable foundation to a single cause

CNN

So does Steve Jobs ever do anything like this? :(

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Yeah, that was a bad choice.

How about: His gift to the world is the prettiest mobile phone.

How about: His gift to the world is the most useless mobile phone.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

I'm sorry but this just reads like bitter vitriol from someone who's never even used an iPhone. I don't have one myself, nor want one, but I've seen enough of my friends use it and love it to know that you're full of ****.

I'm sorry but this just reads like bitter vitriol from someone who's never even used an iPhone. I don't have one myself, nor want one, but I've seen enough of my friends use it and love it to know that you're full of ****.

I had one, and absolutely hated it. I'm unique, I know, but not spewing "vitriol."

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

I had one, and absolutely hated it. I'm unique, I know, but not spewing "vitriol."

Fine, fine. BLAST IT WITH PISS!

Apple just has the problem of having a name brand markup on all their products. But they can do it simply because they are kinda cornering the market.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Given that most superbilionaires simply spend tehir money on massive yachts I think this shows a degree of common sense.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.