Smoke Veil Failing Constantly

Purudaya

Question

I don't know if this is a feature or a bug, but smoke veil's invisibility seems to be cancelled by damage over time, AOE attacks, and a variety of other effects that don't seem like they should be significant enough to disrupt. I've tested it quite a bit and often lose invisibility immediately after casting it (like instantly), which is frustrating for a build trying to make use of backstabs mid-combat. There's also no explanation of any kind in the combat log as to what caused the invisibility to break.

Invisibility potions are similarly unreliable. It would be great if you could either ensure that combat invisibility works or at least provide players with information re: what can disrupt it so they don't waste guile points.

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

Sometimes I lose it instantly by just being around enemies, no AOEs or dots going on. Doing it mid combat is really unreliable right now.

Yeah, I'd say it works about 40-50% of the time atm. I almost never use it any more, which makes confounding blind the only active rogue skill worth taking for a multi (and arguably for a single-class). 

Seriously, please add some love for rogues. If invisibility doesn't work, they have very little else left right now.

Edited by Purudaya