[1.0/1.02] Priest "scion of storms" and "spirit of decay" passives are no-ops

thelee

Question

Was an issue in Backer Beta, is still an issue now.

Basically, the priest gets three elemental boosting passives: scion of flame, heart of the storm, and spirit of decay.

Unfortunately, two of three are essentially nothingburgers inside the priest's own skill tree.

Heart of the storms affects "electricity" spells, but actually has zero effect with Warding Seal (Warding Seal also does less than its stated damage). Wael's version of Spiritual Weapon has a shocking lash, but does not benefit from it. I have not tested Spark the Souls of the Righteous yet, but even if it did get affected, you are taking an ability at Power Level 5 that won't see any benefit until Power Level 8 (which is impossible for multiclass). That seems broken.

And don't get me started on Spirit of Decay. It affects "acid" or "decay", but by default a priest has zero acid/decay spells in their skill tree. Only a Berathian priest gets acid/decay spells, which means for all other multiclasses it has no innate value.

And if we're really adding a passive that only one multiclass benefits from, then where's Secrets of Rime? Wael gets several frost-damage abilities and the priest has Iconic Projection which if all were tagged with "frost" would be actually more valuable than Spirit of Decay.

This seems like gross oversight. At the very least, please ensure that Heart of the Storm benefits Warding Seal and Spark the Souls of the Righteous. I don't know what you'd need to do with Spirit of Decay to make it anything other than a "trap" ability for non-berathian priests. And please consider adding Secrets of Rime and tagging all frost-damage abilities as "frost".

And, optionally, please consider making the various Spiritual Weapons tagged appropriately so that there's at least slightly more early game benefit for taking these elemental passives.

I don't know if a save is actually necessary here, but here's a dropbox link to a save right before leveling up Xoti. You can take Heart of the Storm and experiment with Warding Seal and note that penetration is unaffected and the damage is bugged.  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tvt7p13kxf57kqc/AAByWXDRUsGWOLJtiYhoqe31a?dl=0

• Like 1

1 answer to this question