poparakrava58

Beastiary bug?

Question

15 answers to this question

Based on my PoE experience and Deadfire Pre-release videos I believe, we shouldn't be able to know monster stats up front - before attacking them the first time.

Still, I realised that I had info on their defenses and armor classes displayed from the start. I started a game on Relaxed and switched to Classic, but I am still able to see them even for unique monsters.

• Like 1

I am playing on Veteran and it doesn’t seem like there is “stat discovery” system as it was in PoE1. Everything is shown from the first encounter.

h1dczBG.jpg

Wormerine, I wouldn't consider this a bug, but I definitely remember this feature in a video from devs about Deadfire. Maybe, they changed it later, though?

Yeah I've observed the same. However, in the backer beta enemy stats were not displayed from the beginning. This leads me to believe that we are dealing with a bug. 

• Like 1

Guest Jamila

I have a hunch in PoE 1, stats were not shown right away even with expert mode off, therefore that expert mode is not working should not matter, assuming PoE 2 is intended to bhave the same. More likely it is an issue with show relative defenses option showing a bit too much.

Also, when killing hitherto unknown monster, party gains experience towards bestiary. As though stats discovery was in fact working, but overriden by aforementioned option.

Same here, it must be a bug, all backer beta videos show the discovery mechanic for that.

Hail Friends!

Apologies for the lack of response, I will forward this to our QA team so the can investigate the issue!

Thank you and may Magran bless you. 

Edit: Merging Threads

Whats this at obsidian.net?

Hail Friends!

Apologies for the lack of response, I will forward this to our QA team so the can investigate the issue!

You da man aarik #churchofdurance

Hail Friends!

Any feedback on bug???

Bonus: You become reliant on the bestiary and your characters in-combat comments

Disadvantage: You lose info about the relative percentage to hit. But that broke immersion anyway, so .. ;-)

post-220461-0-78877300-1546366690_thumb.jpg

Nerf Troubadour!