Various Bug List & Permanent "Slug Walking" Debuff

DexGames

Question

Sluggish Movement  :

As you walk into mud, your character is slowed. My entire party has this debuff everywhere they go.

• Save // Load doesn't fix it.
  • Resting doesn't fix it either.

Inventory :

• Probably already said but, sorting items by "type" was in the 1st Game and should be in this one too.
  • Selling all items by Quality ? Like, tickable "Sell All" options . [sell all "Common // Blue // Exceptionnal // Superb" // Etc]

Skills :

• "Immolation" deals something like : 200+ HP of Raw Damage, every 3.0 sec, to the Paladin.
  • Can't use it ! [When Empowered & at high Power Level (around 15)]

Enchantments :

• The Enchantment Page look really bugged. When you enchant an item, the Enchantment List on the Left Side go crazy & do weird stuff for 0.5sec. It moves weirdly & an Icon, that represents something being selected, like an Enchantment Recipe, appears in the middle of the List, where nothing is written.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AI Customization :

• So I tried to make Aloth to be focused on Self Buffing // Weapon Invocation // & Go Melee.
  • Like this :

1526381965-ai-custom.png2018-20-2-1526381965-ai-custom.png

So the point is that, "Almost All of these Spells are at 0.4sec Casting Time, which makes them to be casted nearly all at once. [Very Quick]

So if I wanna make Aloth to Focus on Citzal & Llengrath School, that would give something like :

• Gain Concentration at the beiginning of a fight > Cast Vital Essence to Gain an Intelligence Inspiration.
  • Once done, Aloth should go to the Next Phase, & start Self Buffing himself.
  • Once Self Buffing phase is done, I wanna make him summon a Weapon.
  • Once the Weapon is here, cast Citzal Martial Spell. (that forbids magic usage)
  • Then you're ready, go Melee. All of this takes a couple of seconds, but the AI System can't handle it at this time

Because :

• As long has I have a "Vital Essence" Spell available, or any other spell, he's going to cast it until he can't.

Problem is that Casters "double cast" every single spell, the AI tells them to cast. There's no "Cast this spell ony once", or anything in that vein.

So it's kind of unusable at the moment, imo. The System just lacks some things, but I'm sure you already know what.

PS : Oh Yeah ! &the "Condition List" is a Gigantic Mess.  :lol: , it really needs some love in terms of "Sorting & an improved UI Interface".

[if Possible o:) ]

I hope more Conditions will be added with time, but most especially, an option to set :

• "The Number of Uses", of any particular spell. So that, once Aloth has casted everything, Self Buffs & Magic Weapon, then he should be going in Melee. That brings me to a required Condition : Once Citzal Martial spell activacted > Attack > Nearest Targer ? [something like that]
  • Anyway, there should be more conditions, beside the current "Spell Only" Condition.
Edited by DexGames

2 answers to this question

AI Customization :

• So I tried to make Aloth to be focused on Self Buffing // Weapon Invocation // & Go Melee.
  • Like this :

1526381965-ai-custom.png2018-20-2-1526381965-ai-custom.png

So the point is that, "Almost All of these Spells are at 0.4sec Casting Time, which makes them to be casted nearly all at once. [Very Quick]

So if I wanna make Aloth to Focus on Citzal & Llengrath School, that would give something like :

• Gain Concentration at the beiginning of a fight > Cast Vital Essence to Gain an Intelligence Inspiration.
  • Once done, Aloth should go to the Next Phase, & start Self Buffing himself.
  • Once Self Buffing phase is done, I wanna make him summon a Weapon.
  • Once the Weapon is here, cast Citzal Martial Spell. (that forbids magic usage)
  • Then you're ready, go Melee. All of this takes a couple of seconds, but the AI System can't handle it at this time

Because :

• As long has I have a "Vital Essence" Spell available, or any other spell, he's going to cast it until he can't.

Problem is that Casters "double cast" every single spell, the AI tells them to cast. There's no "Cast this spell ony once", or anything in that vein.

So it's kind of unusable at the moment, imo. The System just lacks some things, but I'm sure you already know what.

PS : Oh Yeah ! &the "Condition List" is a Gigantic Mess.  :lol: , it really needs some love in terms of "Sorting & an improved UI Interface".

[if Possible o:) ]

I hope more Conditions will be added with time, but most especially, an option to set :

• "The Number of Uses", of any particular spell. So that, once Aloth has casted everything, Self Buffs & Magic Weapon, then he should be going in Melee. That brings me to a required Condition : Once Citzal Martial spell activacted > Attack > Nearest Targer ? [something like that]
  • Anyway, there should be more conditions, beside the current "Spell Only" Condition.

As far as AI goes, you have the conditionals set up incorrectly. You have to have every buff on its own conditional, in order, with a cooldown that matches its duration. Right now you're telling the AI to cast all of those spells on a one second delay from top to bottom. If you know programming at all, the AI just loops back to the top and goes through the conditionals once again.

Here's what happens with yours:

1) Do I have concentration?

Yes) Cast Vital essence, restart conditional check

No) Go to next conditional

So if you give yourself concentration, it is going to check that conditional and keep casting Vital Essence because you told it to.That little clock/sun dial that has a 1 in it for self buffs is where you set a delay. If you set it to 15, it will only cast Vital Essence every 15 seconds if that conditional is met.

Your self buffs are going to do the same thing once it gets past Vital Essence. Since you have them all grouped under one conditional, every time it re-runs the conditionals and sees you have the Intellect Inspiration, it is going to cast something from that list starting from top to bottom, whatever is available. It will never get past that conditional until it recasts your buffs until you're out of spells.

So, leave the concentration conditional as it is an put a cool down on it. - That's fixed.

The sucky part: every buff has to be on its own list, and you need to add a delay as long as the buff lasts. Then it will check for con, cast Intellect inspiration, then cast each buff in sequence, and will not repeat that portion until the buffs fade (with the proper delay).

Then you can put an "always true" conditional after your buffs to cast the weapon with a long delay.

Then put a Self: has melee weapon conditional and self: has intellect inspiration, cast citzal martial spell on a delay.

Then put self: has melee weapon, attack nearest enemy. <---- I don't think this belongs in the AI behavior, I think it's default if their AI is on and you have them to defensive/aggressive attacking, they'll automatically auto attack whatever is nearest so just leave it empty; once all of the buffs are done, it will start attacking.

If this doesn't make sense in text, I can put a picture of what it should look like if you want to do what you've listed.

Ok one more edit: I actually suggest setting ALL of the buffs at a delay the same as the shortest buff (as well as the weapon itself). That way if a fight lasts long enough for citzal's to need recast, it will refresh every buff and your weapon before doing so. Otherwise he may become absolutely useless with not many buffs up and unable to cast as the weapon duration runs out. If you fiddle with those settings enough you should be able to get it to flow correctly.

Edited by mengths