Unable to equip three of my companions

Gerry

Question

I've had Serafin, Maia and Pallegina in my roster while I leveled up other companions. I have four companions at level 8, and the three I just listed are at five. I can't equip Serafin Maia or Pallegina from my roster. The game lets me select a lower level companion to put into my party, and once I hit accept they get put back into my roster. My three other level 8 companions I have selected stay in the party. I'm unable to play Pallegina, Serafin, and Maia at the moment because of this.  I was able to recruit a level 1 adventurer and he's able to be a part of the party, so I don't think It's a matter of leveling. Very confused

15 answers to this question

Hi

I have the same issue - I can't take any already recruited, lower-level characters into my party. I can select them on party management as usual, but when I click on accept any lower-level characters (companions or sidekicks) don't appear on my party. Same levelled-characters join up or stay on as usual.

Help? This means I can't advance character quests for the guys I don't normally take with me...

One more thing - besides being unable to add them to my active party, I also can't find them on the ship when I enter it during travels - the characters I can add to the party are there, standing around, but the other ones can't be found anywhere. They also don't pop up on ship to ship combat...

help!

I am also having this problem, but specifically with Aloth. His companion quest and place in the party roster are still there, but I am unable to recruit him to my current party and he is no longer on my ship. Please fix soon!

Here is my current save with the issue:  https://www17.zippyshare.com/v/ixwVYWcm/file.html

I can select Aloth on the manage party screen, but he isn't added once I've accepted (which I believe has been happening ever since the merchant ship encounter on your way to Ori o Koīki for The Painted Masks quest).

Is there a console command that could help other than ManageParty?

Hello

Sure you know about this, but It looks like there's a separate thread for the same issue:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/101706-bug-replaying-maps-cant-change-party-members-from-the-rooster/

Can't remember if I explored the Old City, but I do know I ran into some places I'd cleared showing as unexplored. I also had some conversations reset as if they had never happened, and, for example, the imp bounty NPC target reappeared even though I had previously killed him.

I'm having the same issue, here: I used the party management buttons on the at-sea screen to switch Serafen out of the party and Maia in... and ever since then, I haven't been able to re-add him.

He doesn't even appear on the ship any more. It's like he's disappeared.

Hi all, sorry for the late reply on this! Ill get the save provided above from dreadguacamole so it gets entered into our system.

Thank you for the info! If any of you have saves with the issue, please feel free to PM me with the issue and save so I can get the best visibilty on it.

Best,

-Caleb

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

The issue is caused by savegame file corruption.  The original cause of the problem may have been fixed in v2.0.1.

Unfortunately, the data on the affected companions is irrecoverable.  I've added a fix for v2.1.0 that will recreate the affected companions from scratch, but you'll still be missing any items they had, and you'll have to respec to restore your build.

OK, I can confirm the new patch fixed the issue. I've still got some weird issues (like, for example Tekehu standing on the water shaper's guild *after* I've recruited him - if I add him to the active party and take him to the temple, he disappears from the roster and I lose him permanently!). But I can work with this.

Thanks so much for getting this sorted, I can finally get back into the game. Now I just need to remember what the hell I was up to...