Problem with recruiting adventurers

Dmdtt

Question

started a new game, was going to do a playthrough using the berath's blessings, and with the level 4 boost active I went and got to the first town and recruited an adventurer I found that they are not leveling properly

created a lifegiver/beckoner druid/chanter and after selecting their initial level 1 skills it only gave me the option to level the character once from level 2-3 skipping 1-2 entirely.

when I leveled the adventurer to 4 I was told to Pick 1 skill from each class but the second tier of ability unlocks was not available yet. going back then to try and retrain the character I tried to reset them to level 1 and see if that fixed it and I found that it erased my initial level 1 starting skills (including shapeshift ability) but then allowed me to get the second tier skills at level 4.

so now I'm left with an adventurer who is missing 2 skills from each of its 2 classes from the first tier and on top of that is a druid that can't shapeshift.

5 answers to this question

got the same problem (adventurers at level 3 after creation without the points). Try to reload (before hiring the adventurer), try another savegame or restart the game. I find sometimes the game get weird, wrong informations, artifacts, and stuff like this leveling bug. Lot of instability.

got the same problem (adventurers at level 3 after creation without the points). Try to reload (before hiring the adventurer), try another savegame or restart the game. I find sometimes the game get weird, wrong informations, artifacts, and stuff like this leveling bug. Lot of instability.

yeah I went back and decided to start over without the level up blessing. and the adventurer seems to work properly.

even tested retraining once I got the adventurer to level 2 and it worked out alright. so all of the issues I listed in OP are related to the blessing.

nope, my problem was without the blessing. I recruted a level 1 character and just at the end of the character creation it showed it as a level 3 character (and after in game). It happened only 1 time. It's rare I think.

nope, my problem was without the blessing. I recruted a level 1 character and just at the end of the character creation it showed it as a level 3 character (and after in game). It happened only 1 time. It's rare I think.

oh perhaps its because I recruited a level 1 adventurer. maybe that's why I had no issues.