[Bug] A Matter of Import - Royal Deadfire Chain showstopper

Galadedrid

Question

After rendezvousing with the smuggler, I paid the inflated price and took the crates towards Sayuka.

Iverra appeared, and we spoke.

On arriving at Sayuka I used the Quick Travel menu (from the map when initially docking) to go directly to the workshop.

This caused the 'go dive here for this' cutscene' to play.

Then when I left the worshop the camera panned to the Docks where Iverra played her 'Ah, Sayuka, thanks and bye' cutscene.

The journal tells me to talk to Fleet Master Okaya, but her only dialogue is the speech-bubble 'Fight or Flee as you like, just stay out of my way."

As a result I don't actually have the next quest, and progress with a major faction appears to be completely blocked.

I can't post the savefile since it's enormously larger than the file size limit. If you have a preferred rehosting site do please let me know.

Edited by Galadedrid
  • Like 1

11 answers to this question

Where do you have to dive? I get the equipment, but no journal update or a location.

This happened to me too. I discovered that when you arrive in Sayuka, if you go to the workshop and talk to them before talking to Fleetmaster Okaya, the quest won't show up in your journal. You could try going back to talk to the Fleetmaster, if you didn't before.

Edited by Tarlonniel

Where do you have to dive? I get the equipment, but no journal update or a location.

This happened to me too. I discovered that when you arrive in Sayuka, if you go to the workshop and talk to them before talking to Fleetmaster Okaya, the quest won't show up in your journal. You could try going back to talk to the Fleetmaster, if you didn't before.

I tried and this works. Lost a little less than an hour of play but not that big of a deal (vs having to choose another faction).