Singing scimitar not returning empower point

TheMetaphysician

Question

I have Sasha's Singing Scimitar and chose the Refreshing Finale upgrade (returns 3 chanter phrases and 100% chance to return an Empower point when you empower an invocation). Initially, it worked fine. Now it only returns the chanter phrases, not the Empower point.

Edit: well, that's weird. I gave it to my other chanter character and it returned the Empower point for him. It doesn't return it for Pallegina, but does for my main character.

Edited by TheMetaphysician

7 answers to this question

So I had the same problem and at first thought I somehow misunderstood the effect and tried to post in the builds and strategy section of the forum, but it seems this might be a bug. I did the same thing you did to test it out, I gave it to another one of my chanter companions and it returned the Empower point initially but every subsequent battles afterwards it would fail so I opened the Character Sheet and noticed the "Refreshing Finale (Sasha's Singing Scimitar): +1 Empower points" under current effects and that my Chanter watcher main has "Sasha's Singing Scimitar: +1 Empower points" also as a permanent effect even though the weapon wasn't even equipped. My guess is that this is probably what is causing the bug but anyways I've attached some photos on what I am talking about and hopefully someone can take a look at this. 

post-195758-0-79615800-1526083164_thumb.jpg

post-195758-0-07638600-1526083224_thumb.jpg

post-195758-0-51431000-1526083563_thumb.jpg

Decided to make a new account to post about this too since I am experiencing the same bug which is really frustrating since my watcher is a Chanter and I wanted to use this enchant. As both of you mentioned above, the refreshing finale upgrade worked once and then it just stops working and I think your onto something there with the character sheet. For now I have reloaded a previous save and went with the encore upgrade instead since this is not working but I hope this gets more views to get the attentions of more people and devs since I really want this to gets fixed so I can use it for another playthrough.