Wizard casting on her own, why ?

Heya !

I'm very new to these types of games including poe2...So bare with me plz

I started a playthrough and one of my character is a wizard, i been wondering why she always casts chill fog without my consent ? If I look at her spell bar when not in combat, none of her spell are highlighted.

I'll pay a closer look as to why on the next battle...

Any idea?

Thank you !

Presumably her AI is active and her AI script tells her she should cast Chillfog. You can deactivate her AI by selecting the button that looks like a bust that, when you have her selected, hovers over the portraits on the left hand side of the screen (by default at least). You can also change her AI script, though that is quite a lot more complicated than simply disabling AI.

I'm not seeing the spoiler?  Was Chill Fog not a known spell for PoEII?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Yes, characters come with default behaviour scripts. You can turn AI off by toggling on/of head icon, just above character portraits. However, turning AI of means that characters will just stand doing nothing unless you order them otherwise.

You can keep AI on and remove the script if they want them to just autoattack (RMB the head icon to access AI options) or edit the script so the character does what you want on its own.