antagonist

Some of those quotes are promising, but I fear the damage is already done. I seriously doubt I can see Anakin again without associating him with that idiotic, annoying and whining little brat from ep II. The problem is, Lucas seems to think his audiences are all either 5 year old kids or retards who have to have everything spoonfed to them.

There almost isnt a scene in ep II where Anakin appears, that we arent shown how filled with angst he is. It gets annoying real fast and I really wanted him to just use his lightsaber on himself and end his miserable little existence . His only good scene is the one where he is confronted by Amidala after he had slaughtered the sand people. That scene told us everything we needed to know about his inner conflict. If Lucas had used the rest of the movie to actually make him a interesting and likeable character his eventual fall to the dark side could have been meaningful and had some emotional resonance.

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

-John Rogers

The reason why GL made Anakin so reckless and foolish in EP2 was to show why he fell to the DS in the first place.

Not at all, the reason why Anakin sucks so much is because :

1) Lucas has become a terrible director and screenwriter

2) Christian Hayden can't act

3) Lucas conception of evil sucks as much as Bioware's.

The picture of the Sith Lord on the promotional art is very reminiscent of a ghost in a noh play. Thus, I do not find the image to be one of evil. Then again, I don't have the same red/black color associations as the majority of LucasArt.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Anakin has killed the following:

Mace-Windu (EP3)

Assajj-Ventress (Clone Wars Cartoon)

Count Dooku (EP3)

that was a completely unnecessary spoiler (if it was one, that is)

It's very hard to be polite if you're a cat.

Not at all, the reason why Anakin sucks so much is because :

1) Lucas has become a terrible director and screenwriter

2) Christian Hayden can't act

3) Lucas conception of evil sucks as much as Bioware's.

1) no - yes

2) yup

3) biiiig yes to that one.

maybe he should take lessons from carpenter or romero or king or one of the others on the third one...

It's very hard to be polite if you're a cat.

So give some examples of some LS/DS situations that you would have liked to see....

(I'm not trying to go agaisn't your case, I'm just trying to get more out of you thats all) :)

Imagine in KOTOR:1 if we had the opportunity to convince Carth that his only son was now a threat to peace everywhere, and that the galaxy would be safer if Carth put a blaster bolt to his son's head?

Imagine if we in turn convinced Carth that his allegiance to the Republic was meaningless? That allegiance to the Republic killed his wife, and nearly cost him his son? Now that the Republic was in shambles, the only opportunity to redeem his past failures was to join his son in a winning cause in the new power in the galaxy?

In general, I don't think evil is random. It is purposeful. It is cruelty to serve a given purpose. Most megalomaniacs desire personal power. KOTOR's dark side seemed to be random evil.

Having seen Hayden Christensen in other films than Star Wars, I can attest to the fect that Hayden can act.

We don't assume that Liam Neeson, Ewan Macgregor, and Natalie Portman are all bad actors due to the poor prequels. It is really unfair to saddly Episode II's flaws on Hayden. The Skywalkers have been whinny punks in all five movies so far. Jabba's palace scene is the only exception.

Having seen Hayden Christensen in other films than Star Wars, I can attest to the fect that Hayden can act.

The fact that he can act 'better' still doesn't mean he can act at all.

But you are right, even the most talented have to subside to George Lucas crapness as a director.

I actually thought Ewan Macgregor turned in a good performance despise all odds, everybody else just felt like they were bored to death, and they propably were, too.

Can't blame them though, Harrison Ford said it best when he shouted : 'You can write this sh*t, but you can't say it'.

It's evident Lucas didn't learn his lession, you go George...

Well GL might have sorry dialog, but atleast it tells the story well.

I don't think i ever seen anybody ever 'telling' a story as badly as in the Star Wars prequels, and a stupid and boring story at that too.

The number one rule in film making is 'show them, don't tell them', and Goerge Lucas committed the number one atrocity in film story telling : he spoon fed his audience at every turn.

If that's not bad story telling, i don't know what is...