Voice over missing for starting ship crew?

PangaeaACDC

Question

I recruited the five people in the start and went on the ship. When on the actual ship's deck I walked around and tried to talk to everybody. The prison chap is voiced, but not the 5 others. There is a click sound when I try to talk to them, and a text bubble, but no actual voice over. Is it supposed to be like that?

I'm on the Linux version if that matters, and all other sounds seem to work as intended. Music was very loud compared to other sounds, so I have tuned it down to 20% or so, but other than that it's fine (except the hated laughing man from the poe1 taverns is back -- I'd pay a hefty sum for an in-game mission to assassinate that fecker).

3 answers to this question

Greetings PangaeaACDC,

Would you mind posting your dxdiag and output.log for us to look into the matter? It is definitely expected that all the crew members on the beach should contain VO.

Thank you!

-Caleb

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

I'm on Linux so no dxdiag and I've never got any output.log file in the indicated folder (or anywhere else for that matter). I've generated a diagnostics file via the gog-support command though, which hopefully will prove somewhat useful (mostly just a list of installed packages).

A pain to deal with savefiles here because you only allow 1 MB :(

Here it is: https://we.tl/hXL4qh01b3

In the attached screenshot is one example with Shieldsister Daelia. She utters lines, but I don't hear any of them. Sometimes there is a 'clicking' sound when I click on an NPC like this, but no voice-over. If I remember correct this is character that was injured on the busted-up ship when I started the game, and she had voice-overs then.

thunderstruck_14_01_17_05_2018.html

post-165682-0-55704400-1526559265_thumb.jpg