Game causing PC to lock up

TalinSilverbane

Question

So, been excited to play Pillars 2 and the start of the game looked promising...but that as far as I could get because for some reason after about 5 or so minutes of gameplay...my pc locks up. Everything freezes, can't alt tab, can't move the mouse it all just...frozen and I have no idea why? I've tried looking to see if anyone else had this issue but so far no one else seems to so I'm hoping someone here knows what to do. 

Here the DxDiag, that should hopefully helps.

DxDiag.txt

6 answers to this question

Hello TalinSilverbane,

Thanks for providing the dxdiag, and sorry this issue is happening for you and blocking you from playing the game. Would you also be able to provide a .log file? This should be found in the local files of where the game is saved to.

Best,

-Caleb

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

Hello, I'm having the exact same problem, additionally because you asked the previous person about logs I decided to preempt you asking by looking for them myself. Unfortunately I didn't find a file ending in .log in any of the directories that the game installed to.

DxDiag.txt

I am having this same problem as well.  It's not making a output log when it crashes, I don't believe.  I will provide one, but I believe it's from another crash.

https://ufile.io/bs1wv

The above url contains my error log and dxdiag info. 

I didn't pay $50 for a game I can't play.  Due to steam time constraints on refunds, I probably have to refund very soon or have a game I can't play.

Seems very fun and I'm enjoying the way it looks... but that only goes so far when I have 60 minutes in game and I'm still at the intro card lady due to crashes.

Edited by rezt

So I did some testing after the patch to see if the issue was fixed and it has not...but I did notice my GPU was at 80% when I started the game and when I got a point I normal crashed at I alt tab to see were the GPU was at now and it was 100% moments later, PC locks up again as before. So what is it that Pillars 2 is doing to have the GPU reach that high? Or is this a problem with my pc?