Yeah, it won't show up initially from the options before starting a game (at least for me), but prior to creating your character, it will detect your PoE1 save file if it's still in its default location in game when talking to a certain someone.

"If you would, you could become all flame" - Abba Joseph of the Desert Fathers.

I am unable to import old save games.. I have PoE1 on a different hard drive. Where are the save files and where do I need to have them for them to be recognized. I assumed they would just be in Documents or something similar.

so why do I have to completely remake my character? Why can't it import all that stuff? Or at least show me which options and stats I had in PoE 1!

Import my arse... bugger all was imported

Edited by ArnoldRimmer

I am unable to import old save games.. I have PoE1 on a different hard drive. Where are the save files and where do I need to have them for them to be recognized. I assumed they would just be in Documents or something similar.

I have my steam folders on a different hard drive to the main documents save file.

So if for eg you have windows - go to the main drive its installed on, usually C - Users - (your name) - saved games - should be in here

"If you would, you could become all flame" - Abba Joseph of the Desert Fathers.

Do you have to have finished the first game to have the save carry over?  Anybody know?  I haven't actually completed the game yet... it doesn't seem to see my save file at all.

Hm, can't seem to get this working. Pillars 1 is on "D:" and Pillars 2 is on drive "E:" while all the save files for both games are in "C:\Users\xxx\Saved Games\" but PoE2 cannot find anything.

I have the same problem - all the files are in the correct folder but the game can't see it.
Does anyone know if it matters that my PoE 1 wasn't bought on Steam but my PoE 2 was?