Me - chanter, difficulty - POTD, maybe me - druid

Preferable members: Aloth and Durance, + Eder, that makes it four

Last two ideas? I really don't want Sagani or Kana, and I mostly don't dismiss party members, because it annoys my OCD.

Edited by Melusina

Pallegina is a very good tank-offtank-support and is a must on any diff. level.

For PotD it is better to create mercenary companions (min-maxed)

If your idea is to use only preset companions I would suggest

1st line... Eder (tank) - Pallegina (offtank-support)

2nd line...Durance (support) - you (chanter with pike using Long reach, there are good guides on such 2nd liners)

3rd line... Aloth (AoE DD) - Hiravias (DD, but pay close attention to his disables, he is a stunning machine)

But I play defensively and feel comforted only with 2 good tanks, some go with 1 tank.

Maneha is a very good DD barb, her stats are very high, she will "die" a lot, but will take many enemies. She is also a cool person.

Sagani - meh. Kana - meh. I love them as persons, but they are not PotD material.

Zahua - I don't use monks, people say they are good. I just don't see how a barehanded guy fights armoured knight, even in fantasy.

Devil - too late, easier to hire a rogue. She has cool plot options, related to her mechanical state, but PotD is usually not about enjoying the plot.

So, Pally for good control or Maneha for more offensive style. Hiravias for stuns.

I also recommend to keep Maneha hidden, and suddenly raid enemy rears after the main mess has begun. She is able to take all enemy casters and missiles alone sometimes.

Story companions work well on PotD. Monks can use weapons instead of fists and they are very powerful. I finished PotD run few days ago with Pallegina, Eder, Kana, Sagani, Durance. Adra dragon and Alpine dragon were dead before they even touched my party.

giphy.gif

Zahua - I don't use monks, people say they are good. I just don't see how a barehanded guy fights armoured knight, even in fantasy.

I'm really tired of that.

Zahua is a very powerful companion. With fists or with estoc or dual hammers and whatnot, it doesn't matter much. He also is one of the few companions who can get a unique talent or ability (n this case "Anitlei" which is a stackable attack speed bonus).

Since OP doesn't want to take neither Sagani nor Kana this also doesn't matter much, but both are absolutely viable picks for PotD.

Devil of Caroc has construct immunities (mind control, sickened, poison, disease) which make her more useful than other rogues in general. Drawback is her fixed breastplate, but you can enchant it.

Manehas's stats are as high as those of any other companion (78 total). She starts with Barbaric Yell instead of Frenzy which can be a bummer for certain build ideas.

All companions are viable for PotD. It mostly depends on preference and playstyle if they work well for you or not.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods