Player Freedom Less Than Original Game

Wow... I've already stated plenty of times, English is not my first language. Sorry my english isn't good enough for you.

It's way better than mine that's for sure. I was being sarcastic of course. Your english is great as english but you talk internet-ish and that comes out as you being a troll... So... are you one or not? If not, just use normal thread titles instead of click-baity-internet-slangish catch phrases. This'll help our attitude towards you too. I seriously can't tell if your posts are serious or not, not untill you've elaborated over 3 or 4 posts at least.
Oh thanks :)

To clarify, no I'm not s troll but a few people who don't like my posts have made me to be. I love the game and Obsidian really want both to succeed.

My posts are designed for people to have fun and I'm not sure why they are always taken in a negative manner. Click-bait is key for a good thread, I have always believed but that doesn't mean the author is a troll. Or at least that has been my belief in it. The internet lingo like "lol" or "XD" probably comes from facebook or forums where I've talked to different kinds of people from more diverse and varied dialects, I don't write like that on paper though.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Wow... I've already stated plenty of times, English is not my first language. Sorry my english isn't good enough for you.

It's way better than mine that's for sure. I was being sarcastic of course. Your english is great as english but you talk internet-ish and that comes out as you being a troll... So... are you one or not? If not, just use normal thread titles instead of click-baity-internet-slangish catch phrases. This'll help our attitude towards you too. I seriously can't tell if your posts are serious or not, not untill you've elaborated over 3 or 4 posts at least.
Oh thanks :)

To clarify, no I'm not s troll but a few people who don't like my posts have made me to be. I love the game and Obsidian really want both to succeed.

My posts are designed for people to have fun and I'm not sure why they are always taken in a negative manner. Click-bait is key for a good thread, I have always believed but that doesn't mean the author is a troll. Or at least that has been my belief in it. The internet lingo like "lol" or "XD" probably comes from facebook or forums where I've talked to different kinds of people from more diverse and varied dialects, I don't write like that on paper though.

This is the only forum I participate because I'm interested in the game and the genre it tries to revive but mostly because people don't talk internetish. You'd notice that that by the fact that there are not any clic-baity thread titles ;)

Alright, I'm curious because your profile lists Texas as your location... What is your first language?

Spanish but I live in a mainly English community.

I am Caucasian male from a caucasion family in a mostly caucasian community, yet my primary language has always been Spanish. All that aside, I was born in America and though, have seen many countries of the outside world, have been surrounded by English most my life, yet have somehow always tended to go back to Spanish, along with my family who are all bilingual but they speak and write English better than I.

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

This is the only forum I participate because I'm interested in the game and the genre it tries to revive but mostly because people don't talk internetish. You'd notice that that by the fact that there are not any clic-baity thread titles ;)

I wouldn't be so sure, there are trolling threads and clickbaity threads in other sections such as the way off topic or Pillars 1 section, the current omes always have to be locked and renewed but nobody really says anything because birds of the same feather flock together. There has been alot of click-bait titles in the Pillars hub as well but that seems to have cooled down. As far as mine being reported by the same people over and over goes though, I think mods can already tell that it isn't really because I'm trolling or causing chaos like some would suggest. I had a conversation with a couple mods about it and evidently, the roots go deeper than that. At this point if I made a thread which was everything that eveey member wanted, someone would probably still report it but it really pushes me to remain active and write better so no harm done.

As far as the stereotyping of internet speak goes, I don't really think internet slang has ever made anyone seem trollish, young or immature but I have seen many people of all ages on my facebook from 15 year olds to 75 year olds using it. I always saw internet slang as a shortcut or way of enjoying conversation. I don't think talking without modern phrases or emoticons ever had anything to do with maturity or adulthood for that reason, there are just as many adults using Internet slang today as kids do and that reason is probably because it's so integrated within phones, labtops and tablets now.

Edited by SonicMage117

@SonicMage117: I really like your inquisitive style, and your thread-starting enthusiasm, but unfortunately, to me, three out of five of your latest additions to the Deadfire forums come across as clickbaits and Deadfire trolling. In 18 days, you have added the following threads:

-Deadfire Failing

-SJW Integration in Deadfire

-Player Freedom Less Than Original Game

To forum visitors, they look like highly critical headlines, which is a bit bizarre, since the game isn't even finished yet.

This last one of yours is great, through, as your inquisitive nature shines through. It also has a question mark:

-Firearms more diverse in Deadfire than PoE1?

Religion in Deadfire is your best title yet.

Just some food for thought. Carry on. :)

This. You can make a point without using clickbait titles.

• Like 1

Very well...

Upon members requests I will stop making brain stimulating threads and join the rest in critiquing random game journalists' clothing. That is probably more interesting anyway.

Upon members requests I will stop making brain stimulating threads and join the rest in critiquing random game journalists' clothing. That is probably more interesting anyway.

I don't think you're understanding what click bait titles are. There's nothing wrong with your actual question in this thread, which was "is anyone here worried there might be less player freedom than the original game?", but your choice of title doesn't represent this question at all well and your starting post didn't help at all. If English isn't your first language that's fine, but then use simply short sentences that, together, express the idea you're trying to put across.

Here's what you could have written in your starting post: "I think Deadfire will have more freedom than Pillars. However the addition of multiclassing, exploration etc. may mean story freedom has to be sacrificed. What are your thoughts on this? Does Obsidian's track record reassure you?"

Anyway, to answer your question: no, I'm not worried about player freedom because if there's one thing Obsidian are good at it this sort of thing.

• Like 1

I suppose that my posts are sought as trolling by the titles but find it strange that people have created troll-ish titles by their threads governed a different reaction by it, for example:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/63807-racism-sexism-bigotry/

Does the abovementioned OP have lots of such threads, or just one?

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...