I cannot see the description of items in the shop

Madscientist

Question

When I started a new game, I talked with Vector at the beach. At the end of the talk I asked for supplies. In the shop screen I could not see a description of items that have an infinite amount. I could hear the scroll sound but no window opened. I could see the description of Vectors items that have a limited number when I right click them.

I walked around and talked to some other villagers. When I went to Vector in his shop, I could not see the description of any of his items by right clicking, though the scroll sound is still there. In the shop screen I can see the description from all of my items by right clicking.

expected behaviour:

You should always see the description of an item by right clicking it.

3 answers to this question

Sometimes the description opens almost entirely out of the screen for me, and I can only make out its upper portion from the bottom of the screen, which I can use to drag it back in the middle. Is that the case for you as well?

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I cannot see the description for many items in my inventory screen ( the normal inventory, not the shop).

I can right click some items, but not all.

It looks like I cannot right click anything in the stash or in the quick slot but I can right click everything that is equipped or in my personal inventory.

If I put an item in the personal inventory or I equip it and then I put it in the quick slot or stash, I can right click it even in the stash or quick slot.

Edit:

In the shop, you cannot right click the items of the merchant.

But if you pull them down into the trade window, you can right click them for the description while they are in the trade window of the merchant.

By trade window I mean the lowest part of the shop screen when you have the items want to buy or sell and how much money goes from who to who.

Edited by Madscientist