Weapon balance and comparison

KDubya

EDIT: Moreover, making 0 recovery attainable by just one style is a bad idea. 

Actually, 0 recovery is not attainable by the dual-wielding. It provides a multiplier, not a straight bonus. It can easily put you low and it can negate lots of the other negatives, but it can't get you in that zero zone and, actually, the more action discounts you're getting, the worse it becomes. I.e., if you have full 100% recovery, dual-wielding cuts 50% from that. But if you already have 50 only, you're getting nothing but 25. So actual speedsters (if they'll be present) won't bother with dualing as much.

The UI lists 0 recovery if you dual wield with 1300 dexterity (1250 isn't enough...). 

That said, combining > -50% recovery from +action speed bonuses (calculated as x/(1+x)) with dual wielding doesn't give you 0 recovery, so that's not additive. But it doesn't seem to be multiplicative either, since it's giving less of a total reduction in recovery than would be expected.

Edited by SaruNi

Actually, 0 recovery is not attainable by the dual-wielding. It provides a multiplier, not a straight bonus. It can easily put you low and it can negate lots of the other negatives, but it can't get you in that zero zone and, actually, the more action discounts you're getting, the worse it becomes. I.e., if you have full 100% recovery, dual-wielding cuts 50% from that. But if you already have 50 only, you're getting nothing but 25. So actual speedsters (if they'll be present) won't bother with dualing as much.

The UI lists 0 recovery if you dual wield with 1300 dexterity (1250 isn't enough...).

That said, combining > -50% recovery from +action speed bonuses (calculated as x/(1+x)) with dual wielding doesn't give you 0 recovery, so that's not additive. But it doesn't seem to be multiplicative either, since it's giving less of a total reduction in recovery than would be expected.

Probably it's just working like poe1, where dex was multiplicative, and dual wielding + dual wielding talent, + potions+ items was more or less addittive ( in reality it was a bit complex, it took to us, and particulary to Maxquest, more than 1 year to figure out the correct mechanichs).

I think that now, if you have dual wielding (50%)+ dual wielding talent (20%)+ a potion drunk with high alchemy skill (30%) AND have no armour you can reach 0 recovery whetever dex you have.

• Like 1

Probably it's just working like poe1, where dex was multiplicative, and dual wielding + dual wielding talent, + potions+ items was more or less addittive ( in reality it was a bit complex, it took to us, and particulary to Maxquest, more than 1 year to figure out the correct mechanichs).

I think that now, if you have dual wielding (50%)+ dual wielding talent (20%)+ a potion drunk with high alchemy skill (30%) AND have no armour you can reach 0 recovery whetever dex you have.

I tried that with a Devoted/Monk naked with two dagger and high alchemy, nope still has 0.7 recovery time left :)