Building 5-man Party?

Osvir

Hi!

I was wondering if it could be possible to do a variant of being able to create a full custom 5 man party in the backer beta to try out some builds. I've got some ideas on how to implement them, and I don't know which one is easiest.

A) Right away! When you press New Game, choosing "Custom Party" or "Single Character" or something.

B) Enough Gold when you start, so that you can buy enough adventurers to create a full party (They should also be at the same level).

C) The first 4 Adventurers you create being free of charge, and being at level 5.

I just want to try out some various combinations of party builds. This only applies to Beta to be able to try stuff out without having to play 2-3 hours to get enough gold to create a party.

I'm also wondering, why are Adventurers always recruited at one level below? Why not the same level?

The easiest is just to cheat to give yourself lots of gold and then hire adventurers at the tavern. The problem is that there isn't a good equipment shop available to outfit them. Though perhaps you can use cheats to create weapons too.

No idea why they decided to only allow recruitment of adventurers at one level lower. I suppose it's like raising pokemon. The ones above your level won't listen to your commands...

• Like 3

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/94470-spoilers-interesting-console-command-finds/

The link above has all the details on how to use the console to level your party up and to acquire equipment. In one of the posts someone made a simple mod that gets you a million gold and expands the store to include most anything that you'd want to buy.

I'd highly recommend reading the posts and then mod your game to facilitate easier testing of various character builds. 

I've found that using the leveling for all encounters and setting my team to max level, nine, lets me try out higher level abilities than I'd get normally in the Beta. With five custom characters you can find bugs and gameplay interactions that'd take a lot longer to find making only one character at a time and using the pre-made putzs.

• Like 3

The easiest is just to cheat to give yourself lots of gold and then hire adventurers at the tavern. The problem is that there isn't a good equipment shop available to outfit them. Though perhaps you can use cheats to create weapons too.

No idea why they decided to only allow recruitment of adventurers at one level lower. I suppose it's like raising pokemon. The ones above your level won't listen to your commands...

Don't want higher leveled adventurers, but maybe the same level? I didn't use Adventurers much in Eternity 1 because of this, mostly because I wanted to play with Obsidian's characters but on other playthroughs it was just better recruiting the Companions than creating one yourself (because of the level difference).

What's the word... disencitive (totally wrong word)? The opposite of incentive is what I'm looking for (I don't know/recall the spelling xD)

cheat in the gold is easy with the console commands.  first thing we do following character creation: iroll20s.  next is GivePlayerMoney 100000. 20 seconds o' our time, at most. 

have already mentioned in another thread we would like to save hireling profiles, so won't repeat all reasons, however, am gonna admit we wish there were a shop with a broader array o' arms an armour.  when making a custom party, am spending considerable time cheating in flail_fine, war_bow_fine, shield_medium_heater_fine, etc.  for most parties, we simple default to the armour we can buy from the local merchant and only cheat in fine weapons, but is nevertheless a time drain.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Hm, the "~" to open the console didn't work for me (I think it's because I have to press Alt+Gr to do "~"). So I just made a Level 6, Level 5, and 3 Level 1 party instead xD

On my keyboard the console key is the one directly to the left of "1" which types "¬" and "`" with and without shift respectively. This may or may not be helpful to you, but I thought I'd mention it since it's not the "~" key.

Simply use the "GiveExperienceToLevel 6"* command after hiring a full party of adventurers to make them all level 6. You'll need to cheat to get yourself enough money to hire four adventurers too.

*It might be "AddExperienceToLevel 6", I can never remember.

Nice! Thanks. Just got it working :)

• Like 1

Just to summarize Step by Step :

• Remap the "Open Console" key in Control Configuration (Do it just once, then you'll be fine).
  • Open Console & Type : iroll20s
  • Open Console & Type : giveplayermoney 99999
  • Hire Adventurers (Level 1 is fine, in fact you don't even need money)
  • Open Console & Type : addexperiencetolevel 9 (Max Level for the Beta is 9)

PS :

• Console opens in the upper-left corner of the screen & there is no need to use Capital Letters at the beginning of each word.
  • If the "Hire Mercenaries Screen" shows you that "There are no Mercenaries Available", it's because your own character is still Level 1, you need to level up at least to Level 2 for the Level 1 Mercenaries to appear in the "Hire Screen".
Edited by DexGames
  • Like 2

aside:

am gonna recommend against leveling beyond 6.  the scaling feature is revealing the dumbness o' math.  most maps in the beta is significant easier with an 8th or 9th level party even with scaling active. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Hm, the "~" to open the console didn't work for me (I think it's because I have to press Alt+Gr to do "~"). So I just made a Level 6, Level 5, and 3 Level 1 party instead xD

I had a similar issue, just go into the options --> controls and under "Interface" you can rebind the console button.