Update Timeline?

zealotstim

If only it was that simple,

There are sooo many variables in these games, so many that you can only test them by actually using them.

And yet, it'd take an Army of Beta Testers + an Army of Developers to tackle everything down.

By the way we, (Beta Testers), are mostly helping to track "Mechanical/Feature" flaws in a reeeally small part of the Game.

Tikawara is probably like a 2% Part of the Game. On their end, they have to deal with the 98% left of the entire Game [Mechanics/Features/Content/Etc...].

The amount of work is COLOSSAL & we can only help for a small part of it...

There are games out there that are are patched on a weekly basis, it's part of their lives since day one to be constantly

patched & updated until the game dies. They'll never reach the "This is how it's supposed to work" state.

You just can't hope for a Deadfire 3.0 on Release, that'd be totally unrealistic.

Aside from that, I'm sure Devs are working their a** off to make the best product they can, can't blame them.

Anyway, they'll have Christmas holidays soon, so it seems obvious we'll have our Christmas patch, just before they take off !  :w00t:

So by the time they come back, we've raise the bar from 20k to 35k Bugs.  :lol:

Edited by DexGames

There are sooo many variables in these games, so many that you can only test them by actually using them.

And yet, it'd take an Army of Beta Testers + an Army of Developers to tackle everything down.

By the way we, (Beta Testers), are mostly helping to track "Mechanical/Feature" flaws in a reeeally small part of the Game.

Tikawara is probably like a 2% Part of the Game. On their end, they have to deal with the 98% left of the entire Game [Mechanics/Features/Content/Etc...].

There are games out there that are are patched on a weekly basis, it's part of their lives since day one to be constantly

patched & updated until the game dies. They'll never reach the "This is how it's supposed to work" state.

You just can't hope for a Deadfire 3.0 on Release, that'd be totally unrealistic.

Aside from that, I'm sure Devs are working their a** off to make the best product they can, can't blame them.

Anyway, they'll have Christmas holidays soon, so it seems obvious we'll have our Christmas patch, just before they take off ! :w00t:

So by the time they come back, we've raise the bar from 20k to 35k Bugs. :lol:

I haven't done this before. Do they usually expand the beta to other parts of the game for us to test later on, or are we just helping with this piece?

Anyway, they'll have Christmas holidays soon, so it seems obvious we'll have our Christmas patch, just before they take off ! :w00t:

So by the time they come back, we've raise the bar from 20k to 35k Bugs. :lol:

I haven't done this before. Do they usually expand the beta to other parts of the game for us to test later on, or are we just helping with this piece?

For the PoE backer beta, and it was just the same place. It was mostly about testing mechanics, not the game at large.

(When PoE came out for real and I got to the point in the game covered by the backer beta, I knew exactly everything I needed/could do, since I had played the backer beta several times through).