• 5 months later...

Other than Nature Godlike, I think they are pretty balanced, and Obsidian has said they are looking at them potentially.

Moon Godlike are pretty neutered in PoE2. The other two Godlike have their builds that they would work in.

All the normie races feel pretty good. It really depends on your class or class combo as to what you will use.

Halve the PL bonus for Nature Godlikes, and I think the end result would be pretty good.

(I'm no great fan of Island Aumaua, but I doubt they're walking away from that after incorporating slog zones into so many area designs.) 

• Like 5

noone complaining about the fact hearth orlans are by far the best race for any weapon based damage dealer? considering headware choices for weapon users not a single godlike comes close to them (nature is still bonkers for caster tho). they are literally the only race with an offensive ability that works 100% of the time and can still wear hats

Edited by CountGrishnackh

noone complaining about the fact hearth orlans are by far the best race for any weapon based damage dealer? considering headware choices for weapon users not a single godlike comes close to them (nature is still bonkers for caster tho). they are literally the only race with an offensive ability that works 100% of the time and can still wear hats

Nope.  I won't complain.  They are good.  Top tier even.  However, many builds will do much better with another Race.  Building a Street Fighter?  Well Humans and Fire Godlike look good for that.  I'd say Moon GL too, but they can pull you out of being bloodied and ruin the bonus' from the class.  Building a support or Tank?  Plenty of good choices.  Now, that said, I can't see myself making a Ranger and not using a Hearth Orlan.  That combo is too good.  Maybe even a ranged weapon built Beckoner using Rogue, Pally, etc plus summons to get that racial going. 

Nope.  I won't complain.  They are good.  Top tier even.  However, many builds will do much better with another Race.  Building a Street Fighter?  Well Humans and Fire Godlike look good for that.  I'd say Moon GL too, but they can pull you out of being bloodied and ruin the bonus' from the class.  Building a support or Tank?  Plenty of good choices.  Now, that said, I can't see myself making a Ranger and not using a Hearth Orlan.  That combo is too good.  Maybe even a ranged weapon built Beckoner using Rogue, Pally, etc plus summons to get that racial going. 

yeah i also really like them and im totally fine with what orlans can do. what i dont like is that noone else can do anything like it =)

Every Race except human has at least one Defensive Option in the Subrace, but theres no offensive weapon-based option that comes even close to orlans. humans have to be below 50% hp and death godlike need their enemies to be below 25%, yet loose the head slot in exchange that is easily better then the 20% damage bonus even if it was permanent.

Edited by CountGrishnackh

Nature godlike are quite powerful, considering how easy it is for soma classes to get inspiration for long time. +1 PL would be fine.

The rest is fine, not on level to nerf.

It would be nice if there was more races with weird bonuses. Like:

Earth Godlike  are always sturdy, and have bonus to armour rating.

Living Lands Aumaua are always high, and so have bonus stride.

Dawn Godlikes, if they drop to 0 life, they come back to life in the flash of light.

It is sad we have no Eothas Godlike, games with father-child relations are so popular recently.

Edited by evilcat
  • Like 1

I preferred the human racial the way it was in PoE, much more useful, now you have to skirt death to get use out of it.

It would be nice if Nature Godlike wasn't the #1 go to for builds that rely on Power level.  Luckily nothing is on the level of PoE moon godlike at least.  Feel bad for the slog zone race...

I think that racial balance has been improved from PoE1.  In PoE1, I didn't like that the Wood Elf and Island Aumaua racial abilities, because they were so good that I could only justify NOT using a Wood Elf for a ranged character or an Island Aumaua for a melee character for role playing reasons.  I do think that there are some subraces that still have benefits that seem a little too good (yes, Nature GL's, looking at you).

Part of me wishes that they'd just remove the subracial benefits entirely (except for the attribute bonuses).  And perhaps, just give each sub race perhaps an extra bonus Attribute point, assigned to an attribute appropriate to each subrace.  Aumaua might both get another point of Might, while Pale Elves might get an extra point in Con, while Wood Elves might get an extra point in Dex or possibly Per.  Mountain Dwarves might get it in Con, while Boreal Dwarves might get it in Per.  And so on.  Just a wild idea.

So far, I know only one build that makes the Human passive useful. And it is an extremely risky one. Who would enable a DPS mode on low HP instead of healing/retreating?

The Nature Godlike is being talked about as the best build option here and there.

Edited by Sotnik