Back row characters spazzing out after moving party formation

DragoDarkstorm

Back Row Spazzing Out  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Have you also noticed this problem?

• Yes I have!
    • No I haven't.

Question

I constantly move my party as one unit, in the default 2x2x2 formation, and I constantly see one of my back row characters "spazzing out" upon stopping.  This mainly happens when the party is hugging a wall or turning a corner, although I've also seen it happen when I just move the formation a short distance and in a straight line.  I can stop this annoying glitch by 'straightening' the formation or moving it forward a little bit, but this happens a LOT so it's an ongoing annoyance that kills immersion for me.  I'm sure I'm not the only one experiencing this so I did look for previous posts, but I couldn't find anything.  (Probably due to inaccurate keyword searching, but I don't know else to describe this phenomenon other than 'spazzing out' or 'shaking').  Please let me know if you've noticed this happening also, or if you know how the issue can be improved or eliminated altogether.  Thanks!

Edited by DragoDarkstorm

"Hey, hey, hey — don't be mean. We don't have to be mean. 'Cause, remember: no matter where you go... there you are."

3 answers to this question

I haven't seen that exact bug, but I've had some weird stuff happen that sounds similiar. Mostly I'll find a party memember that just runs strait until hitting a wall. Note: I keep the AI off. I've also had dead mobs float around wobbling before they get really distorted and eventually start spazzing out. Eventually they fly off screen. Pausing the game does not make them stop by the way.

I haven't seen that exact bug, but I've had some weird stuff happen that sounds similiar. Mostly I'll find a party memember that just runs strait until hitting a wall. Note: I keep the AI off. I've also had dead mobs float around wobbling before they get really distorted and eventually start spazzing out. Eventually they fly off screen. Pausing the game does not make them stop by the way.

Thanks for the reply.  That's really weird behavior too.  Yeah I also turned off the AI pretty early into playing the game, once I realized I'd never be able to hold a position until I did.  I recently installed the "Firearms Rebalance" mod from nexusmods.com and while the mechanics seem to have been tweaked for firearms, the textures for all firearms are now missing and are replaced by a solid neon pink color.  I haven't gotten around to overwriting the objectdata with the original data yet, and now I'm wondering if this could be responsible for the issue I'm having (Kana is in the back row, and is the only character in my party sporting a firearm).  So it would make sense if the texture (or lack thereof) was causing weird interactions with other solid objects.  I'll restore the objectdata and post my findings.

"Hey, hey, hey — don't be mean. We don't have to be mean. 'Cause, remember: no matter where you go... there you are."