Act 3 High Level PotD - help they are kicking my arse!

Hey folks,

so when the game asked me "You're such an awesome player, man, how'd you like to scale the enemies up to match your level" I thought "sure whatev bring'em on -.-" I didn't know what I was doing :(

It's getting kinda ridioulos. I can't really win a fight, at least not the meaningfull ones (At the mercy of the tribes, into the white void). I was level 9 when entering Act 3 and now I'm level 11 - still no difference really whatsoever. That mercanary captain from the tribe quest was untouchable for me (not a bug, checked that). Strong enemies one or twoshot my characters, even tanks. I mean after besting the game so far without hardly any effort it now seems like the game is telling me to level up some more. Only question is - where and how? I advanced to last level of Od Nua, only the dragon is remaining now. Only thing left in the main game for me is the content of Act 3. And no, I do not want a peacefull solution :p

I really like to know what exactly did the level scaling do? I think I read somewhere that it boosts only major enemies like 33% of their level. Sooo ... which level are the mobs / quest enemies of Act 3?

I would also like to know what am I supposed to do as soon as I hit White March? The content is completely new to me (yeah) but I'm really worried that it is either going to be a walk in the park with my level 11 - 12 party or an absolute nightmare if I choose level scaling.

I'm also lvl 9, act 3, PotD + upscaled. I have a ton of magic items from WM. I left WM2 midway because every mook fight was taking nearly all my resources, and there are a ridiculous number of mook fights.

Which fights are the most challenging? I'd like to try them out myself.

So it will be level 8 + 33% which makes it more like 10,5? Is the scaling not taking my level into consideration? Is it just checking if I'm above a certain level and thus adding a certain percentage of exp to every enemey? Or is it raising the enemies based on my actual level?

Scaling really sucks :( is there nowhere I can read what it does exactly? All I have are vague statements from various threads here and on steam ...

also, if WM1 is supossed to be level 8 - then why the hell does it raise the level cap to 14? Wouldn't that mean that I'm way to high when I finally return to Act 3? Should I do WM1 and immediately WM2? Confusing as fouck. I like add ons that add ON something, not add in ^^ but whatever

Edited by Zidster

Wow. Just started WM1 with scaling. Ran through the village without having to do anything besides pressing the A button for attack. Oh no, right, I had to use self heal once in the boss battle. In my diary it states the Ogres are about level 5. I guess that is without scaling? It's really lame. When I heard "Hey, Stalwart is getting attacked by Ogres" I never even encountered an Ogre. I knew that there was a cave full of them in Act 3 which was pretty hard. And when I met the first one in Dyford it was a tough fight. So I never thought I could tackle a whole city that is invaded by Ogres, sound pretty high level to me. Now I gotta chose between slashing away everything in my path and possibly beeing even stronger when I return to Act 3 (which is quite hard, but doable with better preparation) - but at least it's a challenge. I don't know what they thought with this Add On. Just add in some stuff AFTER the main game, not this crap that messes with the already unbalanced main game.

I guess I will just hire a bunch of new low level adventurers, equip them with my OP gear and restart the WM1. At least that is doable.

If you never encountered an ogre before I presume that you didn't go into the Endless Paths?  :blink:

Sorry, I was a little bit in a hurry when I wrote this :D should've put myself clearer. When I was being told about Stalwart and the ogre attack, at that point in my current playtrough I had not encountered any Ogres. I knew about the Ogre cave in Elmshore from my previou playtrough on the PC about a year ago, so I knew they were quite strong. The first one I met in my present playtrough was the one who stole the piggies from the farmer in Dyrford Village. I had not been to the Ogre Level in Od Nua by that time, no. When I first tried the Xaurips with their stun attacks proved quite difficult for my young party back than, so I came back later (dunno, maybe close to the end of Act 2 or something). Even than I found the ogres quite hard, only being able to beat them as it is a very narrow space down there. 

Well, it is what it is now. And to be honest, not everything is that simple in WM1 as of now. When I ran through the ogres like that I thought it's going to be like that the entire way trough, but aparently far from that. I just had two moderate fights with the fish guys and the vampires east of Stalwart. Funny enough before them I fought the slavers who again stood no chance what so ever. Right now I'm sneaking up on a bunch of ogres ;) let's see if they have something to offer. It just doesn't seem to be very consistent until now. Strange thing is when the prompt for level scaling comes up, it says "the enemies of the main quest will be scaled up" - which I assumed meant especially things like the ogres from the beginning, and not some loose mobs standing in the middle of nowhere. Still, I'm rather confused :D

/e: the different ogre types from WM according to my diary are level 4, 5 and 6. The Lagufeath matron (?) however which gave me a hard time was level 13. So lol yeah, quite the difference. Might this actually be a bug, scaling some things but not everything? Uh, but I'm playing on Xbox so I think this is the wrong forum?

BUT all of this aside I'm reall enjoying the story of WM1 so far. The side quest seem to be a good mix of simple killing-quests and ones with more text interactions. Really loved them in the tutorial of the main game and was so disappointed when there were so few text interactions in the later game. The add on seems to be quite full of them.

Edited by Zidster