Is there going to be more Armor Sets/ Variation in Deadfire?

The first POE armor and clothing was a bit limited. Which I can understand because of initial budget concerns. Deadfire is shaping up to be a beautiful looking game. From what I've seen in the videos they're really enhancing the graphics and animations. I just hope we get more sets and better looking armor to go along with the upgrade in graphics. 

For me , it breaks the immersion when my high level character is still running around in tattered robes. I like to have he/she look the part of a powerful Spellcaster, or Fighter. Just my 2 cents. 

I think it depends on what you mean by better looking armors. There is already a thread here about armors somewhere. If you mean you want more flashier armors like in other fantasy games that are totally crazy looking then i dont agree. I hope the try to keep their armors grounded to some extent. I mean some flash like in POE1 is fun. And i like Durances robes that looked messed up.

• Like 5

The matter of a greater variety of clothing has been addressed in the Q&As and they did say they'll be adding more clothes sets to Deadfire compared to the first Pillars. However, I'm not sure what's wrong with armour? I've never noticed a lack of variety for it, and have loved the look of it throughout the game. What's more, in terms of sheer variety I'm not sure what you feel is missing, or which game has done better for that matter. In Pillars you have full plate, breastplate, BRIGANDINE!!!, mail, scale, leather, hide, padded/gambeson... I guess you can add a kind of splint armour but other than that, what other kind of set would you propose?

• Like 2

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Thanks for the responses. I'm not looking for crazy over the top Armor. Just a little more variety in the visual appearance, and more detail in say the robes for example. I felt a lot of them just looked like a normal bathrobe with a rope tied around the waist. When I say nicer sets I'm referring to armor sets like these. 

http://media.obsidian.net/eternity/media/updates/0102/px2-unique-armor-helm.jpg

Like I said. With the enhanced graphics in Deadfire, I hope they don't forget about adding and enhancing the armor and weapon visuals as well. I 'll check out the link.

Edited by Rydius

IIRC Dimitri confirmed in the last Q&A stream that there will be more varied, cool-looking armors.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

IIRC Dimitri confirmed in the last Q&A stream that there will be more varied, cool-looking armors.

Also in the aforementioned thread. As well as being more detailed thanks to the new character models and so on.

I also misunderstood, I thought the OP wanted new sets as in different types of armour (breastplate, mail, leather and so on) instead of just more of them (or more variance within each set/type/whatever).

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

The first POE armor and clothing was a bit limited. Which I can understand because of initial budget concerns. Deadfire is shaping up to be a beautiful looking game. From what I've seen in the videos they're really enhancing the graphics and animations. I just hope we get more sets and better looking armor to go along with the upgrade in graphics. 

For me , it breaks the immersion when my high level character is still running around in tattered robes. I like to have he/she look the part of a powerful Spellcaster, or Fighter. Just my 2 cents. 

Yes i hope so. I think the armor design in original PoE was quite bland.

I, for one, really liked the more authentic looking armor of PoE 1.

I much prefer that over nonsensical fantasy armors, that are so horribly designed, you'd be better off wearing nothing at all!

I especially loved the inclusion of gambesons (or Padded armor), though, i would love to have them expanded upon in PoE 2. Like for example, i'd love to see a gambeson with jack chains, as maybe a heavier variant of "Padded armor".

Jack chains were a sort of arm-guards that were used in combination with gambesons.

therionarms_c1122z.jpg

• Like 1