Can't enter story mode

DrDior

Question

DrDior 9252

iPad with latest patches

I've been unable to play story mode for several weeks. It crashes every time I attempt to enter. I play quest mode to complete weekly challenges, but that will go away at some point.

Previously, I was lucky to get into character selection and remove 3 characters to go down to 18. Then I bought an alt and started playing it with one of my fully developed toons to quickly level it up. About time I was finishing deck 2, it stopped letting me play story mode. It crashes every time I attempted to enter.

I've let this go for weeks now, hoping a new release would be coming out and all would be well. Really, I'd like to play these alt toons that I've bought with gold, in story mode.

I know you should be busy on a release, so should I keep waiting? Or, should I ask for a resolution?

7 answers to this question

How Many alts you have? There is upper limit. Try to keep it 20 or below. Another posibility could be corrupted save file, but I supose that it does not matter what party you try in story mode, so it Sounds more like too Many active alt characters...

If you have less than 20 alts, then you may have to delete your party and rebuild it by using your experienced characters.

How Many alts you have? There is upper limit. Try to keep it 20 or below. Another posibility could be corrupted save file, but I supose that it does not matter what party you try in story mode, so it Sounds more like too Many active alt characters...

If you have less than 20 alts, then you may have to delete your party and rebuild it by using your experienced characters.

I have 19 alts. I have no party. And I can't go past the create party screen.

Hmmm... no any party or you can not create new groups?

I am not sure if there is upper limit Also in parties... there was post about it a long time ago, too long for my memory.

I deleted any groups/!parties. No party to select. So it must be create a new party. Then....crash.

And you created new party by using experienced alts? You Are so neear the upper limit that it is not possible to make new croup by new unexperienced alts. But if you did create new croup by old experienced alts then there has to be some corrupted files somewhere.

After that your only hope is a) to delete the game and reinstall. Your experienced alts Are cloud saved, so They should be ok, but you will lose your quest mode alts. Or B) contact the Obsidian customer support. Contact support@obsidian.net with your User ID (username #xxxx) because They can check out your account from the server side.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

I'll second the suggestion to delete the game and reinstall.  Assuming that there is a problem with your local character vault, deleting the app and pulling down fresh copies of everything from the server might repopulate it with good data.

Delete/reinstall is usually a harmless troubleshooting step.  If you've been playing online regularly, the only thing you'll lose is the game keeping track of which tooltips and gameplay suggestions it has already shown you.  Just go into the app settings and turn them back off if you don't want to be periodically bothered by the game trying to be helpful.

Edited by Ethics Gradient

In the last few days, I managed to get in just long enough to delete a character and go to 18 toons.  After an overnight respite, I was then able to go back into character selection and function normally.  I'm working on deleting another toon and see if things will work correctly with 17 toons, and start a new toon nbr 18.   It seems that I can go into story mode now with 18 toons.  My problems started when I was leveling up toon number 19.  So ..... for me, with my loads of high level gear and all, even 19 toons is too many.  

Since other people seem to be able to play story mode with 19 and 20 toons, my problems suggest that something about high level equipment carried by a lower level toon (in my case I have two mules to save some odd equipment) may be causing a problem.

I'm going to mark this issue as solved for now.  If It starts crashing at 18 toons, I'll delete my game and reload.   

• Like 2