North Korea issue: Trump vs. Great Leader Kim Jong Un

Heijoushin

I cited that as just an example rather than a comparison. But take NK for the sake of discussion, 10 trusted men with hand tools can overwhelm a smaller number of military personnel. Take their weapons and use them. do it again and again until you've armed enough people to matter or until you are dead. I meant it when I said you can only pursue freedom once you believe it is more precious than life. This may ultimately be futile. But what is more futile, continuing to live under the yoke of the Kims or at least trying to do something about it? If you succeed you are free, and if you die you are still free.

As my most admired early founding father once said "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"

We've discussed this in gun control topics before the fear of prohibition and confiscation of privately owned firearms. I have said this before and I mean it sincerely; on the day that happens I will die. And God willing not alone. There are things that are worth fighting for and dying for. Hurlshot there is no doubt in my mind you would ly down your life right now with no hesitation for your wife and children. Everyone who has ever worn the uniform of their country has written a blank check to their fellow citizens for any amount up to and including their lives because they believed it was worth it. And if enough people in NK decide it's better to live free or die trying, an avalanche begins with a pebble.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

• 2 weeks later...

Another Trumped up U.S. political crisis... that may turn into a real one.

This is getting old.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-missiles-idUSKBN1890UO

am thinking south korea and japan have legit reasons to be a bit concerned, regardless o' trump involvement. 

in spite o' the recent US focus on comey, the collected heads o' US intelligence seemed far more concerned 'bout n. korea as they answered questions before the senate on friday.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)