Is it too late for suggestions to mean anything?

I'm not a game designer, so I have no idea of the timeline for axing any additional content in favor of balancing and fixing what's added already. Does it happen early in development? Late? I have no clue. So I'm mostly asking this out of curiosity, for anyone who understands how games are developed, whether working at Obsidian or not.

When people fling out various suggestions for debate on these forums, is there a snowball's chance in hell of any of these ideas actually being considered? Or are we simply debating for debating's sake, considering ways to improve the game without ever really expecting that a developer might consider it a good idea and add it to the game?

Obviously, with things like adding vehicles to the game or other things that would make MAJOR changes requiring additional artwork, etc., there is no chance. But what about all the suggestions made for improving skills or whatever else?

Again, just curious. Either way, arguing over how the game could be improved is an entertaining way to pass the time between now and February. :lol:

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

When people fling out various suggestions for debate on these forums, is there a snowball's chance in hell of any of these ideas actually being considered? Or are we simply debating for debating's sake,

sheesh, i hope not. no sense in wasting time here then, right?

It's very hard to be polite if you're a cat.

When people fling out various suggestions for debate on these forums, is there a snowball's chance in hell of any of these ideas actually being considered? Or are we simply debating for debating's sake,

sheesh, i hope not. no sense in wasting time here then, right?

Well, I don't know. There are still people debating stuff over in the Bioware KOTOR forums....even though it's pretty clear the Bioware folks have moved on to other things.

Sometimes a debate is just a debate. :)

When people fling out various suggestions for debate on these forums, is there a snowball's chance in hell of any of these ideas actually being considered?

It really just depends on the idea. I know a lot of the developers are glancing over what's posted here, and I'm sure some of the better ideas that people are coming up with must stick out to them in some way. But we have to weigh where we're at in the development cycle verses the time it would take to make the changes.

Interface changes generally don't take much time, so I am making a couple notes based on some of what I've seen. I'm handling the interface programming, though the actual layouts and design of the interface rest with someone else. So when I see a good idea, I make a note to mention it to the person doing layout and design, and leave it at that. If he wants to integrate it, I'll do the coding for it.

It's hard to explain what constitutes a major change or what can be integrated fairly easily. Something that may seem like it'd only take a short while to the players may actually take weeks or months on our end to implement because of how many areas of the game it would impact.

-Akari

Here's an idea, move away from the PDA's and do something a lot more StarWarsish like holography. I am not terribly certain how to implement it, but It sure would be cool. Something very interesting about Star Wars technology is almost more Analog then digitial????? Could be a sign of the times but I think it gives the universe character.

Its not too late to make suggestions. Infact I remember a few months before the first game came out a bunch of us convinced the devs that we should be able to ignite our lightsabers at will. That wasnt an origional feature of the game. We told them it would create a since of freedom in the game if we could ignite our sabers at will. :unsure:

Here's an idea, move away from the PDA's and do something a lot more StarWarsish like holography. I am not terribly certain how to implement it, but It sure would be cool. Something very interesting about Star Wars technology is almost more Analog then digitial????? Could be a sign of the times but I think it gives the universe character.

The datapads are widespread tech in Star Wars tech. They don't use paper etc to store info. My only gripe is that all the datapads in KOTOR's interface looked the same or took lots of time to identify which was relevant.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

We told them it would create a since of freedom in the game if we could ignite our sabers at will.  :rolleyes:

Now if we can only get them to let us ignite Jawas and Ewoks at will we would truely have something! ;)

Cheers!

Now that would be a cool dark jedi power. First level, ignite ewok, second level ignite jar jar, third level ignite hutt.

Let's keep the T&A in FanTAsy

***Posting delayed, user on moderator review***

Why Bio Why?

So talking lightsabres are in but a dark jedi corset and fishnets are out, or visa versa?

Dark Jedi corsets and fishnets are NEVER out.

Cheat code frankenfurter me

Let's keep the T&A in FanTAsy

***Posting delayed, user on moderator review***

Why Bio Why?

It really just depends on the idea. I know a lot of the developers are glancing over what's posted here, and I'm sure some of the better ideas that people are coming up with must stick out to them in some way. But we have to weigh where we're at in the development cycle verses the time it would take to make the changes.

Interface changes generally don't take much time, so I am making a couple notes based on some of what I've seen. I'm handling the interface programming, though the actual layouts and design of the interface rest with someone else. So when I see a good idea, I make a note to mention it to the person doing layout and design, and leave it at that. If he wants to integrate it, I'll do the coding for it.

It's hard to explain what constitutes a major change or what can be integrated fairly easily. Something that may seem like it'd only take a short while to the players may actually take weeks or months on our end to implement because of how many areas of the game it would impact.

-Akari

B)

Glad to hear it.

NOW GIVE ME MY TOTALLY NUDE BASTILA.

Here's an idea, move away from the PDA's and do something a lot more StarWarsish like holography.  I am not terribly certain how to implement it, but It sure would be cool.  Something very interesting about Star Wars technology is almost more Analog then digitial?????  Could be a sign of the times but I think it gives the universe character.

The datapads are widespread tech in Star Wars tech. They don't use paper etc to store info. My only gripe is that all the datapads in KOTOR's interface looked the same or took lots of time to identify which was relevant.

That is kind of funny considering I have never really seen anything digital in a Star Wars movie.