I am a sucker and I bought...

Darkpriest

They've improved the others some, and druids and clerics need some planning ahead, they've removed the ability to stack buffs until you're blue in the face by having casters "concentrate" on one spell at a time (With a couple of exceptions), but they still reign supreme.

That said, it can still be fun to play some of the "weaker" classes.

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

They've improved the others some, and druids and clerics need some planning ahead, they've removed the ability to stack buffs until you're blue in the face by having casters "concentrate" on one spell at a time (With a couple of exceptions), but they still reign supreme.

Good to see at least some improvement :)

That said, it can still be fun to play some of the "weaker" classes.

Absolutely true. It's a question of playstyle anyway: As long as everyone gets the spotlight (both in and out of combat) in reasonably equal measure, higher and lower tier classes can happily coexist in the same group.

Endure. In enduring, grow strong.

Definetly, it's up to the GM to make sure everyone gets a bit of fun. It does get a bit tricky with some of the written adventures though, the one we play right now (storm king's thunder) has very hard but few combat encounters, wich hardly makes my Warlock shine, while the Wizard and Paladin can go to town for all they care and not worry about saving any strength.

(Warlocks strength is quick recovery, but you only get a couple of slots of high levels per short rest)

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Ouch, that's harsh.

It's actually been ages since I last played a written adventure. Since we only manage to meet up two, three times a year anyway, there's always enough time for someone to prepare something everyone else is reasonably happy with.

I can live with it, the fights rarely last very long ;)

My and my friends make these guys look like slackers

But, we really are nolifers in every sense of the word. :p

• Like 1

Ha, nice! For us, moving to different cities for uni and then work effed up our group pretty well. So it's the RPG-slackers' life for us :) But hey, better few and far between sessions than no PnP at all.

Hehehe, yeah, none of us went for higher education and just took jobs that got us some money and lots of free time. :)

But better some than none!

You ought to consider playing via skype or somesuch if you haven't already.