Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

No unique battle-axes until Act 3/late game? Why? Show axes some love...

battle-axe unique weapon

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

613 The Evil

613 The Evil

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 64 posts

Well I feel axes really don't get the love they deserve in this game, and yes I am biased. :) It's all about sabres and warhammers and stats and stuff... :( I play as a barbarian dual-wielding dwarf, I'd love to use two axes, also, they should have slashing and crushing damage in my opinion. But even one unique axe somewhere early in the game would be fine. Well, I get some axes worth my time eventually, but during more than the first half of the game, the only battle-axes available are the generic ones and also one from the CRPG club. Until you reach the Act 3 areas and really really far down the Endless Paths, you can't enjoy the glory of chopping enemies to pieces with your axe(s). I feel castrated. :/

• amjclape likes this

anameforobsidian

anameforobsidian

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1089 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Azurro also has one for what good it does, and there's woedwys in the expansions, which are mid-game.

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7632 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Rimecutter from Azurro has speed, which is one of the best enchantments. But you can't force its appearance. But you can even buy it multiple times.

Wodewys is a great axe for a barbarian, especially for mountain dwarf barbs. The perfect partner for We Toki.
You'll find it in the foundry of Durgan's Battery - so not too early I must say.

It's true: no early unique battle axes. But the one from Vincent Dwellier is not too bad. An early exceptional axe is a good thing.

613 The Evil

613 The Evil

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 64 posts

Well in my current run, I got Edge of Reason first. I might dive into the expansion areas before continuing to Act 3, we'll see. I haven't done Dyrford yet and I haven't chosen one of the 3 factions' 2nd quests, but yeah, I know there are no axes there either, haha. But before all that, I have to test my new axe on a certain dragon...

Oh and... WHERE THE HELL IS AZZURO ALREADY!?!?!? :banghead:

Edited by 613 The Evil, 29 January 2017 - 04:30 PM.

rheingold

rheingold

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Yeah the gentlemans club is great, there are some really good early weapons there. And they look pretty cool. But the hammers and axes are not stricly unique, they are "merely" exceptional weapons with a different but quite cool look. Still, I say merely exceptional but its nothing to sneeze at getting them so early. At least axes have some options ingame, my poor dwarf barbarian constantly struggles with an inferiority complex - not being able to find a halfway decent pollax for pretty much the entire game is pretty darn depressing for him.

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7632 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
The pollaxe from the Club of RPG (Spectacular Spetum) is not bad at all. But it's not that great for a barb. More for a fighter with Overbearing Guard or a paladin with Coordinated Attacks.

The CRPG has some really nice hidden treasures, like the Vile Loner's Lance and the Sword of Daenysis.

Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 677 posts
Search Azzurro in this forum. Lots of people have asked about him. 😊

He randomly shows at Caed Nua. 1st time he is just a visitor. 2nd time he comes you can buy items. Patience is needed....

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: battle-axe, unique, weapon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users