Multiple crashes when trying to manage party.

Bullwinkle

Question

Since at least the 1.1.5 update, the game has been crashing repeatedly when I try to go to the manage party screen in Story mode (drops to desktop). At first thought it was happening more when there were more saved characters, but after deleting several, the crashes are as bad as ever.

1.1.6.1, iPad Air, iOS 8.4.

5 answers to this question

I haven't tried reinstalling yet, but I suspect it's more of a memory problem. I can open all my story slots, it's just that it crashes frequently.

Uninstall/reinstall could possibly help if something got funny with your saves/preferences.

Also, if you don't mind the question, what's holding you to iOS 8?

I know PA is technically iOS 7+ compatible, but I swear that iOS 9/10 had a lot of new memory optimization stuff crammed into the firmwares.

Also, if you don't mind the question, what's holding you to iOS 8?

I know PA is technically iOS 7+ compatible, but I swear that iOS 9/10 had a lot of new memory optimization stuff crammed into the firmwares.

Inertia, to an extent...originally, I stuck with it because iOS 9 was breaking games left and right, so I never got around to upgrading. Now it's been so long I'm thinking about maintaining this as a legacy device, maybe get an Air 2 soon (or the next version, unless they make the terrible decision to not have a headphone jack on that, too, in which case, forget it) and keep this one for older games.

But if there's better memory management, it *would* be an incentive to upgrade. In truth, the biggest thing holding me back is not knowing which iOS update will break Warhammer Quest. That's the game I'd hate to lose above all, and with Rodeo Games defunct, once that's broken, it's gone for good.