1.1.6 Game crash when selecting Continue, New party and/or previous saves

rbjc25

Question

Game crash when selecting Continue, New party and/or previous saves after 1.1.6.  Anyone experiencing this?

Ipad Air

iOS 10.2

PFID# 4E2AC82598E8CA73

Logged into Link Soical Gaming Network

Purchased Adventures 1-6 + Character Add-on

Pass and play is off

Save 1: Lem

Save 2: Merisiel

Adventures 0-3 finished heroic and legendary

Adventures 4-5 finished normal

User interface: tablet

• Like 1

20 answers to this question

Game crash when selecting Continue, New party and/or previous saves after 1.1.6.  Anyone experiencing this?

Ipad Air

iOS 10.2

PFID# 4E2AC82598E8CA73

Pass and play is off

Can you get to the screen where you see all your parties?

• Like 1

Ipad Air

iOS 10.2

PFID# 4E2AC82598E8CA73

Pass and play is off

I don't know about rbjc25, but I'm able to get to the screen where I see my parties.  Btw, I have an Ipad 3 version 10.2

Game crash when selecting Continue, New party and/or previous saves after 1.1.6. Anyone experiencing this?

Ipad Air

iOS 10.2

PFID# 4E2AC82598E8CA73

Pass and play is off

Yes I can get to that screen. The game crashes when I press any of the play icon (select a saved party or new party). I am able to play Quest (only lvl 14). Thank you for looking into this and Happy Holidays! Edited by rbjc25

Can you try deleting your parties (don't worry the character is saved) and then rebuilding a fresh party with those experienced characters.

Also Happy Holidays to you too! :D

Deleted all my parties. Unfortunately, the game still crashes to the OS home screen when I select New Party. Edited by rbjc25

Could it be possible that some characters get duplicated and you run out of character slots?

Re-read you post, if the game duplicated some of my characters I might ran out of slots since I had only two free. Is there anyway to fix this?

I personally renamed (nic named) all important characters and did remove the rest. I did have 4 copies of the many character, so I only saved the newest ones that I know that were working. Now I have something like 10 Empty character slots instead of one or two...

Not sure why I did have cloned characters. My best ques is that I have had Connection problems that have caused those new versions, but in any way nick naming the essential and removing the extras did help my situation.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV
  • Like 1

I''m having this same issue now. In story mode, the game just crashes after I choose a saved game. Cant even initiate a new game (without it also crashing). It won't even get me to the map screen. I press the 'play' arrow in the game selection screen, the game hangs up a bit and then just exits the game back to my iPad's home screen. I've tried closing and relaunching the game many times and choosing different games, etc. I've also shut down and restarted my mini. No effect. I have 23/24 characters, but have had 24 and this has never been an issue before. I play on an iPad mini 2. I was able to play a game in quest mode fine.

Here's one thing I noticed -- not sure if it's at all relevant. On the game's home screen / main menu, there is typically a boxed check mark next to the Challenges button, but that is absent. Sometimes, I'll see it flash up briefly shortly after the game launches and connects, but that's it. Does that mean anything?

I posted an issue similar to this in another thread. I also started getting frequent crashes, all related to attempting to enter the manage party screen. It also started once I got close to 24 characters, but hasn't abated since deleting half those characters.

The best chance of accessing that screen occurs if I clear the game from memory, start it up again, and go straight to the same screen. Doing any other activity almost always ends in a crash.

I was crashing on my iPad. I downloaded the game on my iPhone, and I was able to continue with my parties that were stuck. In fact, I went back to my iPad, and they became unstuck there. If you have a second device that can run the game, see if you can go forward with your parties on the other device.

I was crashing on my iPad. I downloaded the game on my iPhone, and I was able to continue with my parties that were stuck. In fact, I went back to my iPad, and they became unstuck there. If you have a second device that can run the game, see if you can go forward with your parties on the other device.

I tried this; it didn't work. Can access party screen no problem on phone (iPhone 5, iOS 10.1), but it didn't fix my iPad, which now crashes with every attempt to access the party screen. However, it did give me a workaround: I created a new story/party on the phone, which I can access in the iPad. (It's only the party management screen that causes the crash, not the story itself.)

Also tried uninstalling and reinstalling on iPad; no effect.

I *still* can't access Story Mode. Or, to be more precise, as soon as I select one of my 2 saved games in story mode (or a new game), the game hangs up for a bit and then just crashes.

This started with the latest patch.

I have seen many other posts, documenting this same issue.

Is a patch to correct this issue in the works?

I *still* can't access Story Mode. Or, to be more precise, as soon as I select one of my 2 saved games in story mode (or a new game), the game hangs up for a bit and then just crashes.

This started with the latest patch.

I have seen many other posts, documenting this same issue.

Is a patch to correct this issue in the works?

Ok managed to make the game work.  I deleted the game and re-install it on my ipad (you do not lose your data/story characters/quest, they are saved via PlayFab - Thank you Ripe for the info).

After re-install:

Purchases ok - Treasures ok - Gold ok.

Had only 18 out of 22 story characters.

Lost progression in story mode (finished AD3 on legendary, but after re-install only Brigandoom was available)

Started deleting some of my mule characters and the 4 that I lost reappeared.

Created a 2nd save file and my story progression in normal difficulty reappeared.

Happy that I can play the game  :grin: