Sorry for double post, but:

Don't know if it's been discovered before, pretty hard using forum search for something like this.

You can attack with no recovery even if you use little savior.

On my cipher I now have Strike Hard, everything is durganized.

I basically build focus with the same speed as I id with my dual bittercut cipher, but have insane defenses close to paladin level (when I use Bororwed Instinct).

Dex is at base 10, at combat start I use Alacrity and during combat time parasite.

Oh and I have plate Armor on. :)

Yes, with alacrity it's easy to reach 0% recovery with a durganized shield. With a speed weapon it's even possible to reduce recovery to 1% while in full plate with both Vulnerable and Cautious Attack activated.

• Like 2

With my strats I am way too slow vs magran's Faithful (upscaled).

I cast Borrowed Instinct at combat start followed by Moonwell, with that I have 145 def 160 fort, 150 ref and 130 will.

I use Alacrity and Bulwark, Wall of Flame Scroll, Antipathetic Field and spam Mental bnding for reflex lower.

That way I kind of have DoT but since after some time they cast Moonwell it's not enough to take them down quickly.

I could try charming  or mindplagueing but not quite sure if it will make the fight much quicker.

If I manage to get all the priests I guess I'd be rid of their heling which would be good.

Any suggestions?

My biggest trouble with this bounty is, that all my defenses get attacked by very high accuracy, so I need to defend vs all and can't max out one.

I could probably lower my fort more, since I have the looped belt and am Aumaua so +40 to prone and stun and I didn't see anything major going against my fort.

But I feel like upping defenses more is a waste here and I need a better strat to deal more damage.

• Like 1

Borrowed Instincts followed by Whisper of Treason. You can use Munacra Arret, Ring of Changing Heart (no ACC bonus for dominate, but faster) and Spirit Spiral in order to cast Whisper/dominate without focus. That way they will not put all the hefty spells on you and you will have more time to gain focus and use the powers with more impact. If you manage to charm like three or four priests sometimes the druids will kill them with Sunlances. Defensive Mindweb should give you the defenses of the dominated enemies - those don't suffer from debuffs like chamred do. It's still tricky. Wait - I don't know if Reaping Knives works on mind controlled enemies. I think it doesn't, but it would be kinda funny. :)

• Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Borrowed Instincts followed by Whisper of Treason. You can use Munacra Arret, Ring of Changing Heart (no ACC bonus for dominate, but faster) and Spirit Spiral in order to cast Whisper/dominate without focus. That way they will not put all the hefty spells on you and you will have more time to gain focus and use the powers with more impact. If you manage to charm like three or four priests sometimes the druids will kill them with Sunlances. Defensive Mindweb should give you the defenses of the dominated enemies - those don't suffer from debuffs like chamred do. It's still tricky. Wait - I don't know if Reaping Knives works on mind controlled enemies. I think it doesn't, but it would be kinda funny. :)

Charm definitely seems like the way to go, my defenses are higher than theirs, tho so I'd rather not mindweb. :)

Use confuse scrolls until all the priests are dead. Against sunlance and firebug I think you can use Aila Braccia, but I think druids stop casting after a while. Once the priests are dead the fight becomes manageable because no more debuffs and no more heals.

Edited by Kaylon

I managed to charm the priests in quick sucession and the died at once.

I'm still taking way too long vs. the rest tho, they don't even cast as Kaylon said, but they are so tanky and my damage is way too bad, powers have no DoT except single target and wall of flame just sucks.

And since Amplified Wave doesn't work... Did you try retaliation + Ring of Searing Flames + Pain Link + Wall of Flame once they start hitting you in melee? This should give you some nice extra AoE DoT damage, even if they are resistant to burn a bit always comes through.

Edited by Boeroer

Did not try the ring yet, will do. :)

The druids are much tougher to kill than the priests, especially since once all enemies surround me in melee charming them is stupid since my Moonwell heals them.

Their will is also pretty high otherwise I would just spam the new and improved Silent scream.

• Like 1

Would it speed things up if you multibuff with Wild Leech perhaps and then use the damaging powers? If you're lucky you can stack PER, INT or MIG and not CON, RES or DEX. ;)

And what about Antipathetic Field? Is the damage too low? With boots of speed one could maybe run away a bit so that the enemis follow in a straight line and use binding web + stag helmet so that you can run through but they can't move a lot? The range is quite awesome.

It's so stupid that Amplified Wave and similar "target an ally" stuff like Ectopsychic Echo doesn't work with charmed/dominated enemies.

The problem with wild leech is, if you don't get lucky on randomly stacking an attribute each time you recast it the attribute you buffed first goes away.

I tried it for a bit and never got lucky on stacking it, given the number of attributes there are this is not surprising.

Antipathetic field is only good as long as there are priests to cluster the enemies, thanx to your charm advice those die at combat start after that Im surrounded and antipathetic is less good.

I didn't really wanna run around for positioning, since a chanter doesn't need that either.

Yeah it should work on charmed, thats true.

I totally forgot about spelltongue, using that might make focus gain easier due to not having to recast borrowed instinct as often and not needing Alacrity/Time parasite.

But I just saw Tyranny is playable now, so I will devote some time to that now, I will probably try the bounty one last time tomorrow with spelltongue. :)

In order to stack with Wild Leech you have to cast every Leech on a different target I guess.

Tyranny is fun so far - although I hate the style of the character models - looks like Torchlight or some MMO or MOBA. I hate those, too. :) The mechanics are a bit different from PoE. First of all, the combat feels sluggish compared to PoE. At the same time the talents seems to be more interesting. And it's kinf of a classless system, what I like. 

Hm, i see, thought I tried that too. :)

Yeah Tyrany definitely is fun it just will take a while getting used to everything, including consumables looking like PoE consumables but doing something entirely different. :p

Also I don't even know how to ick party members in case I wanna change to solo. :'(

They have no character builds subforum on the tyranny board. Count me out! :(

I mean the forum, not the game.

Maybe OBS should really open such a subforum here. Or we open one ourselves. ;)

Back to the cipher: any progress?

I'm still leveling my pike wizard. Don't think he will be good at this but who knows? Kaylon already tried chanter and did it with barb, you tried cipher. Maybe priest next?

Yeah the forum for tyranny is badly organized I don't like it at all, finally someone answered my question, tho. :)

A subforum here would be great.

I'm gonna do a vid for the cipher before I go back to Tyranny, or I will never do it I think.

Priest would heavily remain on pulling at the start or am I mistaken?

As far as I remember those protective spells take some time to cast, for cipher it's easy Borrowed Instinct covers a lot of ground already.

Wizard casts very fast and if you use wall of draining you can prolong your arcane veil forever, don't know about the pike part or other defenses my wizard never made it past Act 1 and there you mainly needed deflection.

I have to figure out a way not to get knocked over before those self buffs work, true. A bit of pulling is ok though I guess. Triumph of the Crusaders is also really nice solo, but it doesn't help you a lot if your health score is 0. Maybe one can figure out a trick with Second Chance + Watchful Guard + Barring Death's Door - if it's not possible to get up defenses quickly enough. ;)

• Like 1

I finally beat the bounty but even tho I'm not particular proud of the speed (16+ minutes with pausing, less than 5 mins without) and the way it ended (me being down to almost dead) I will not spend any more time on this and move on with Tyranny. :)

It's been a lot of fun to see how high I could get the ciphers defenses (160 in each category) I didn't expect that before I started this build.

For everything but Magran's faithful this should be a faceroll char, but compared to the chanter you just sorely lack Area DoT.

This char should be a lot of fun for dragon fights, since you can get your fort way over 200 without trying too much, for the 160ih fort in this vid I had something like 5 or 6 Con, since fort just didn't seem important in this fight.

I tried a couple of weapons for this, but had to end up with a hatchet since I lacked 5 deflection to get 60% misses by the soldiers even if flanked.

Best weapon in my opinion is Strike Hard Warhammer and for anything but this bounty 155 deflection should be fine :p

(Deflection is also important since the druids hit deflection with one of their fire attacks, sadly you would need even 15 more deflection to get 60% misses)

If anyone wants me to do a class build and fight vs bog dragons (and maybe Brynlod) I can do this once I finished my first tyranny playthru.

Here's the vid vs Magran's and I don't mind any criticisms/input ideas, just keep in mind I tried most the stuff you already posted here and couldn't include all of it in the fight.

https://youtu.be/kSKho4PdiWs

• Thanks 1

By the way: we should take the time without pauses. Some classes need a lot more pauses because they use more active abilities/spells than others. For some others proper positioning is key and so on. If we would take the overall time we would only see chanters and paladins as competitors I guess. 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1