i would pay 300$ for loTR rpg!

dolol88

i played all the infinity engiens games fallout 1 2  bg 1 bg 2 planscape torment kotor 1 2  i own numenura early acsees and pillars of eternity and also pre ordered tyrrany!! pillars for me was the return of pc games!!

i dream of an RPG in LOTR universe even the first or second area !! is it just  a dream?

Have you played IronCrown's M.E.R.P.?

(Or do you only mean cRPGs?)

The Game I would like to play is a seriously well done LoTR conversion (or re-mastering) of Bungie's Myth:The Fallen Lords; possibly with limited RPG aspects that are not present in Myth.

Second choice:   A seriously well done LoTR conversion (or re-mastering) of Disciples 2; or possibly Disciples 3. 

Edited by Gizmo

Eh. I love the Silmarillion and Lord of the Rings books, but I don't really feel they lend themselves well to gaming. Tolkien's stories have kind of a legendary quality to them that probably works better in literature. I suspect a game in that setting would lose much of the magic and just be a generic fantasy game with a Middle Earth skin, devoid of the spark that empowers the originals.

I would pay 300$ for loTR RPG!

I wouldn't. I've come to tire every time I see something about elves and dwarves and anything even remotely Tolkienic fantasy.

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

I don't think that any company could capture what made the Ring trilogy stand out as the pinnacle of modern fantasy, just as no company has captured even earlier simpler works, such as Howards or Dunsany:

For instance the survival aspects of the books, where supplies were heavy, thirst and hunger was an ever present worry and would work adversely on a character. In the modern age of pandering game design this would be jettisoned entirely, removing all of the roleplaying opportunities around it in favour of player empowerment and of course an infinite stash.

Sneaking, running and just surviving a dungeon such as Moria would not be allowed. It would be changed to a linear progression of rooms, each with a combat encounter to grind XP in and pointless loot gathered to recycle later. There would be no exploration, no puzzles, no challenges and the players would be able to clear the dungeon in their first attempt because otherwise they might feel frustrated.

Companions would be changed to the usual squeeing inane idots that infect all modern games and would be merely useful slaves unable to fend for themselves without the messianic protagonist, there would be no splitting of the Fellowship due to personal flaws as that might frustrate the player and ruin his party combat build, they would simply march into Mordor and slay all in their path.

There would be no Ring of Power or Narsil to carry throughout the books, there would be a progression of loot with slightly better stats to exchange every half hour.

As for the dread Ringwraiths, the Nazgul, the Nine they would be reduced to level scaled enemies whom the player can defeat in each encounter, no running, no sneaking, no room switching, just another combat encounter to endure.

Best that LotR be left alone i'd say, Jackson reavaged it enough in his terrible films.

• Like 2

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I've come to tire every time I see something about elves and dwarves and anything even remotely Tolkienic fantasy.

Read/listen-to 'The Worm Ouroboros' ~if you've not done so before. ;)*Pre-dates the Hobbit Edited by Gizmo
  • Like 1

I've come to tire every time I see something about elves and dwarves and anything even remotely Tolkienic fantasy.

Read/listen-to 'The Worm Ouroboros' ~if you've not done so before. ;)*Pre-dates the Hobbit

I might check the local library if it has a translated version, this looks to be written in a manner that might be choresome to translate on my own.

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Lord of the Rings Online was the only mmo I liked just because you could visit the shire. I couldn't get into Shadow of Mordor just want a good maybe semi open world Lotr rpg. I want to see mountains again Gandalf.

Why does a chair have arms and legs like a man, but can't walk or hold things?