Seoni with blood in the touch

jadwell8@gmail.com

Question

While playing with celestial sorcerer with the trait blood in the touch where it allows you to recharge an item with the arcane trait. I have flask of force and flask of shock along with the wand of inveration. All items have arcane trait. But when played with sorcerer. Only given the option to discard or bury. I have screen shots if needed

10 answers to this question

Actually, Seoni's power only allows you to auto succeed on checks to recharge items with the arcane trait, it doesn't let you recharge items that aren't supposed to.

Flask of force is a bury-or-discard item, so Seoni shouldn't be able to recharge it.

This is working as intended.

Which does makes sense as they are potions, thus single use.

Not quite. Potions get banished and are not intended to stay in your deck for long (unless you play Alchemist). The Orbs and Flasks... - you can think of them as solar-powered batteries. They discharge once during you dungeon-dwelling, but then you must wait some time until self-recharge and are usable again (i.e, in your next scenario).

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

Are we going to pretend that the card ALWAYS said that?

It used to be a rechargeable card, which was why I stacked them up with Seoni and Ezren, where orbs can be recharged by a divine or arcane, and I spread those around the non-arcane characters.

The Orbs ARE rechargeable (or at least they should be).

The FLASKS are not rechargeable - and they always said so, even when they used to be bugged to be rechargeable.

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

Are we going to pretend that the card ALWAYS said that?

It used to be a rechargeable card, which was why I stacked them up with Seoni and Ezren, where orbs can be recharged by a divine or arcane, and I spread those around the non-arcane characters.

The latest patch notes mention the fix for flasks.  It is currently working as intended.

Because if magic in the touch feat from sorcerer it should automatically recharge the flasks. Since they have the arcane trait. It's similar to the monks ability to recharge potions instead of banishing them.

It can be argued. By rules as written - she shouldn't recharge them, as they don't have a check to recharge (which is auto-success with Magic in the Touch), they have a check to be DISCARDED (instead of Buried).

Of course, Magic in the Blood as written is a remnant from the very firs iteration of PACG, and is informed by its design sensibilities (i.e. Items and Spell cards had a dedicated Recharge box, where a check was specified to literally recharge the card), so I'd argue, by today's standards, the intent of the power would be to also auto-succeed at the Flasks' check to discard. Which thankfully it currently does in the app.