The Wizard. How to be a ranged powerhouse without dying.

Well you quoted me, but anyway I think you are unnecessarily sensitive here, he only tested the gun wizard cause you asked whether it's viable.

It's all fair if in the end you don't wanna quick switch, it's your game after all, but please don't take everything to personally. :)

Not being sensitive... it's just that if one laughs when you're describing your idea...well it's not very polite to do, is it?

- There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary code, and those who don't. - 

Ha! Oh I know what you're talking about. :)

Where did I laugh about anybody's ideas? Would have been the first time. I laughed about the demand that the build ideas we were asked to present should be realistic.

• Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Hm. It looks like my opinion won't change things here, but this is the internets so I'll benevolently gift these forums with my wisdom anyway.

A skilled, wealthy mercenary (adventurer) that uses flintlock firearms (particularly pistols) who does not have as many as he can find places to carry them is the one on the side of "unrealistic." Historically, even in the days of cap and ball revolvers where they had more firepower per weapon, anyone who could afford it would carry as many firearms as they could. Spending the time to reload a non-repeating weapon, or even early revolvers, when the enemy is in your face and you could potentially draw another and fire again is almost suicidal. People only quit carrying multiple pistols into battle (again, when they could) once we worked out removable magazines.

:fdevil:

• Like 4

Hm. It looks like my opinion won't change things here, but this is the internets so I'll benevolently gift these forums with my wisdom anyway.

A skilled, wealthy mercenary (adventurer) that uses flintlock firearms (particularly pistols) who does not have as many as he can find places to carry them is the one on the side of "unrealistic." Historically, even in the days of cap and ball revolvers where they had more firepower per weapon, anyone who could afford it would carry as many firearms as they could. Spending the time to reload a non-repeating weapon, or even early revolvers, when the enemy is in your face and you could potentially draw another and fire again is almost suicidal. People only quit carrying multiple pistols into battle (again, when they could) once we worked out removable magazines.

:fdevil:

Like K Galen B said swapping to the next loaded firearm is the most realistic way to use them. In fact there should be severe penalties for trying to reload while taking damage, or at least greatly increased chance for being interrupted.

One of my favorite character types is the pirate with a brace of pistols who fires off 2 to 3 of them before wading in with a sabre.

• Like 1