Permadeath: OFF

Mode: Quest

Party Members: Valeros, Lini, Ezren

Turn Order: per party

Scenario: ?

Difficulty: Legendary

Wildcards: ??

Trigger: Detect Magic

I was having a nightmare vs. the Villain "CZ", what with the scenario power "villain checks +2 per Henchman" and CZ *always* restarting the check (anyone else get this on Legendary? He rolls a 1 or 2 *way* more often than 1/3, *way* more often). I had CZ trapped in the last open location and had about 8 Blessings in hand. But on Legendary there seems to be a bias toward low dice rolls (I expect to get at least half the dice to roll a 1 on a multiple dice check - and no, I do not get the compensating highest value), so Valeros failed to defeat CZ, then Lini failed, then Ezren failed. After Ezren failed (with a Fire Bolt at lvl 23!), he played DM and found CZ on the top of the deck (has anyone else noticed that the Bane shuffled back into the deck comes out next card more often than not - a real pain with a failed Barrier!)?

Strangely, at this point I realised that the Location Deck was indicating that I could Explore (I hadn't been offered an "Encounter" button with the DM and besides, once you close the Location Deck dialogue, that's it anyway with any Scrying effects). So I Explored, Encountered CZ and on this attempt finally Defeated CZ!

3 answers to this question

I m not very lucky with those rolls too. And I wrote a thread about shuffled banes that return on the top of the deck with Merisel a month ago. After that, I m using a lot of search spells and items per single scenario now and results seem to me quite casual with them. We need more players for confirmation.

You were at General Store... you encountered Villain... you failed to defeat it... you got another exploration due to Location power (optional exploration if you don't encounter weapon, armor or item which you didn't)...

Playing Detect Magic had nothing to do with that extra explore...

Edited by Ripe
  • Like 1

You were at General Store... you encountered Villain... you failed to defeat it... you got another exploration due to Location power (optional exploration if you don't encounter weapon, armor or item which you didn't)...

Playing Detect Magic had nothing to do with that extra explore...

Ah! But of course! Thanks for the reminder :)