1.0.3.7 Quest characters still locked

mccrispy

Question

Subject says it all really :(

I had hoped that the Devs would find a way to both to prevent the "Quest Lock" issue and unlock characters that have become locked. I don't know (and don't have the courage to test) whether they've prevented it, but I still have a level 26 character that is locked. I'm not starting again on that character, it's too much effort for very little additional reward. I also have two low level characters that are locked, characters that I had to restart after losing all my Quest characters in an upgrade, so this would be their second restart!

How do I get these characters unlocked? Quest mode is completely dead to me until they are unlocked and as I only use Treasure in Quest mode, I have no further need for Treasure either. Add on the fact that I'm still waiting for AP4 as all my characters have completed Story so far, I now have a dead game. I'm done with it until I can see that it's a stable, reliable product.

If the Devs want data or a target for testing fixes to my issues then I'll provide all the assistance they need, but other than that, I'm out. Very sad, very sorry.

9 answers to this question

Normally Locked characters can not be unlocked. There is some problems with those characters that has corrupted the save file.

I have replayed several Locked characters. But not in long time. But so far it has been the only solution to those.

How do I remove a corrupted save file on my iPad Pro 9.7 so I can play quest mode once again?

VER-565-20160810

PFID-1341E5E05521C046

Hardly there will be a fix tool for every specific inconsistency of Quest data, too many possibility for an automated tool mate, the data recovery is quite hard and long work... The editors are fastest but they require time to rebuilt the same characters from new instances, and if you can choose the equipped cards is like cheating.. (I just remembered my super Amazon in Diablo II ... )

The fastest solution is still Hannibal's one. But next time, I suggest you to take backup of your game data to recover your chars, with a minimal penalty. It's only 30 seconds a week to play safely 

If we just accept the situation without complaint we are telling Obsidian that it is OK to release defective code because the players will just work around it. I want to encourage Obsidian to release robust, self-recovering code that has mechanisms that obviate the need for low- level intervention and system access (such as a simple, character-level "roll-back"). These things aren't difficult, they just requires a change in mindset from Obsidian and a more robust response from those of us who contribute to the profitability their Company.

• Like 1

Well ofcourse everyone want to have robust game, but it will take time. You can Try again next year, or use a workarounds in the meanwhile... It will not happen tomorrow or even next month.

There Are so Many bugs at this moment that I don't Expect them to be cleared for long time. Some time machine solutions can be done in quite short period of time. It just means multible save copies of same party From time period of X. So that you can rollback one, two or three days or something similar. Still the underlaying problem can be From even longer time period... But it could help in some instances to have that kind of roll back system.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV
  • Like 1