NBA Playoffs!

Arkan

I'd like the pistons to win the whole thingy. Michigan's haven't really won anything big since 2002. Red Wings.

What? They've had to wait two years for a championship.

Cry me a river.

Try being a Red Sox fan.

I'd like the pistons to win the whole thingy. Michigan's haven't really won anything big since 2002. Red Wings.

What? They've had to wait two years for a championship.

Cry me a river.

Try being a Red Sox fan.

<_<

Try being in Chicago.

Bears, Bulls, Cubs, Hawks, Soxes, o my!

Sure, had a great run with the Bulls, but have had many many horrid years since then

The Cubs don't even try most years, so I don't see the pain or aguish there most of the time. Dusty Baker seems to be doing a fine job trying to win however.

The Bears are up and down. But I haven't seen them have a heart-breaking season.

The Blackhawks. I'm sorry. That's gotta hurt.

And the desecration of the house that MJ built, that's pretty painful too.

I feel for Chicago.

C'mon people. NBA playoffs, here....

BTW, can't watch the game because the f***ing channel is out! :angry: :angry: :angry:

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

That fan was a scapegoat.

The ump ruled that the fan didn't interfere, and while it remains a debateable call, I agree. Weren't the Cubs up 3 games to 1? If not, at least 3 games to 2. In game 6, they gave up a huge lead (something like 6 runs if I recall). Then they pissed away Game 7. The Cubs had plenty of opportunity to win, and they didn't.

As far as Laker fans being the best, they rioted in the streets when they won a championship, attacking police and starting fires. They act like elitist snobs. Tickets are snatched up by celebrities, and the rich. Games should be accessible to the real fans.

I've lived all over the country. The greatest fans I've seen in any sport, are the Nebraska Cornhusker fans. They have sold out every single game for 40 years, through good teams and bad teams. I was at a Nebraska game in 1997 when the great Nebraska program started to slip. Nebraska had the longest home winning streak going (something like 29-30 games), and the second longest in the history of NCAA football (though to be fair, they were a way off from Miami's record of like 52 straight home games). The Texas Longhorns came to Lincoln, and Ricky Williams racked up 150 yards against a great rush defense. The coach (Solich) put in a Freshman quartback in the fourth quarter (Eric Crouch) and called four passing plays in a row with the game on the line, despite not having any receivers worth throwing to. After four incompletions, the streak was over. Did fans boo or storm out of the gate?

No. Ricky Williams was named the player of the game, and the fans in Lincoln gave an opposing player a standing ovation. Those are the best fans in any sport.

The Lakers are a team of primadonnas. I lived in OC, and read the LA paper every day. All I'd hear about is Kobe bitching about Shaq, and Shaq bitiching about Kobe. Then Payton comes in to add to the whine-fest. And we're supposed to respect the "heroics" of Kobe rushing from his rape hearings to a game. That's real heroism.

Also, where the heck are the Lakers in the regular season? With the talent they've got, not getting a 1 or 2 seed each season is a disgrace. The Lakers tank the first half of the season because they don't care. Kobe intentionally tanked a game by refusing to shoot, just because he wanted to throw a temper tantrum about the offense focusing through him. People pay good money to go the games. Imagine shelling out a $200 for you and a buddy to see a game in person finally, only to see your team bicker and pout rather than play.

Then they say to the press that all they want to do is win.

How about competing all season then, or listening to your coach, or playing like a team?

Oh, yeah. The Lakers forget those concepts. They play in LA after all.

Phil Jackson is the only reason I could see rooting for the Lakers, but the egos in LA keep questioning him rather than play for him.

Rooting for the Lakers is like sending a love letter to the IRS. Except, the IRS may actually care, and the Lakers could give too s***s about their fans.

You forgot one thing, EW. It's not a season in LA if there isn't any drama. :blink:

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

LOL So celebraties can't be real fans? What a joker you are.

Being a celebrity himself, Volourn would know ;)

I think he was refering to game 6 against the Spurs where the Lakers forced some season ticket holders to give up their seats so that other "special cliental" could sit there.

Huh....I wasn't aware of that.

Anyway, 2-1 Lakers!

And the post game interview with Saeger and Shaq.

Shaq: "That's an ugly shirt, too. Ugly. Horrible." Walks away.

Saeger: silence....................."Uh...I think Charles will back me up on this one."

Hahaha. He had no clue how to respond to that.

K: That would be wrong; but that still doens't explain away his comment that implies or just outrght states that celebraties couldn't be "real" fans. I didn't know only the unknown person can be a 'real' fan. That just seems silly. Espicially since most celebraties at one time or another were unknowns as well and I doubt most of them all of asudden became 'fake" fans just because they became famous. Usually, if someone loves sports it usually occurs at a young age.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

And the post game interview with Saeger and Shaq.

The only good thing about the Lakers is how Shaq makes craig sager look like an ass during the post game interview!

I stand by this statement ;)

I didn't know only the unknown person can be a 'real' fan. That just seems silly. Espicially since most celebraties at one time or another were unknowns as well and I doubt most of them all of asudden became 'fake" fans just because they became famous. Usually, if someone loves sports it usually occurs at a young age.

I get your point, and your right. I was just giving you a hard time, to the best of my ability :)

Phil Jackson is the only reason I could see rooting for the Lakers, but the egos in LA keep questioning him rather than play for him.

No, he's a prick too. We had him for 10+ years in chicago.

Shaq: "That's an ugly shirt, too. Ugly. Horrible." Walks away.

Hahahhaaa... I love Shaq. :D

GO LAKERS!!!!

Still good stuff. :p

I guess he thinks he's suffered enough, hehe.

Won't happen :blink:

LOL So celebraties can't be real fans? What a joker you are.

Read an interview with Toby Maguire sometime. He comments on how most of the celebrities at Lakers games aren't fans, but faces that want to be seen in the crowd. Sure Tobey, and Jack are real fans, but since celebrities fork over big cash to have tickets in the social event in LA, it prevents real fans from attending.

And he brought championships with him.

Six titles ain't too shabby. The players loved him in Chicago. The egos in LA question him, and they don't play to their potential because of it.

And he brought championships with him.

Six titles ain't too shabby. The players loved him in Chicago. The egos in LA question him, and they don't play to their potential because of it.

You forget several points, Phil never won without the best player (shaq/jordan) in the league and another great/good player (pippen/kobe)-. He never had to take a team, say like Miami, and make them win. He did manage to lose several times with some of the best talent in the league. Hell, he can't even keep LA from fighting each other. Even the much hearalded Triangle offense isn't his invention, and without the man who invented it, he is having problems running it. He isn't horrible, he is pretty good, but he is still and ass and isn't as "magical" as people give him credit for. IMO

o and the players didn't "love" him. Ask Pippen. Jordan just liked him, so everyone fell in line. You didn't stay long with the bulls if jordan didn't like you.